Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to buy an iPad pro refurbished from apple and originally was set on the 64GB 10.5 inch (wifi only) but now have realised if I go for the slightly older 9.7 inch version I could save some money.

The 64GB 10.5 is £530
    The 32GB 9.7 is £440 (this would save so much money but I'm worried about having only 32GB? At the same time, I'll be storing and backing everything up to OneDrive probably so if it gets full I can just delete everything).
    The 128GB 9.7 is £510

I'd love to just get the 32GB 9.7 as it's the cheapest but 32GB might be a possible issue. I could get the 128GB 9.7 but it's only just slightly cheaper than the 10.5 (64GB and above is plenty for me) so it makes me think I could spend just an extra £20 to get a newer (and potentially slightly better?) model.

I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peacheyroses)
    I'm planning to buy an iPad pro refurbished from apple and originally was set on the 64GB 10.5 inch (wifi only) but now have realised if I go for the slightly older 9.7 inch version I could save some money.

The 64GB 10.5 is £530
    The 32GB 9.7 is £440 (this would save so much money but I'm worried about having only 32GB? At the same time, I'll be storing and backing everything up to OneDrive probably so if it gets full I can just delete everything).
    The 128GB 9.7 is £510

I'd love to just get the 32GB 9.7 as it's the cheapest but 32GB might be a possible issue. I could get the 128GB 9.7 but it's only just slightly cheaper than the 10.5 (64GB and above is plenty for me) so it makes me think I could spend just an extra £20 to get a newer (and potentially slightly better?) model.

I'm not sure
    Recommend the 10.5 because bigger is better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SherlockD)
    Recommend the 10.5 because bigger is better
    I did think that but when I looked at the two in real life, the size difference was so small to me i don't know if it would matter that much to me? idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peacheyroses)
    so it makes me think I could spend just an extra £20 to get a newer (and potentially slightly better?) model.
    If the 12.9" iPad Pro you're looking at is a first generation model, the only difference between the two size models are the display size/res, some extra RAM and the battery size- everything else is the same. In this case I would just pickt he screen size you prefer- 13" is too large to use comfortably a tablet for me, but you might like it. If it's a second generation (the current generation) model, you will get an internal spec bump too but how much better that is depends on what you'll use the tablet for and how much you value the extra storage.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.