Turn on thread page Beta

Is Brexit going to happen? watch

Is Brexit going to happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I've moved your thread to the politics section.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sadly yes. Starts in March 2019.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Define Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    Theresa May said it. She always delivers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd522)
    Theresa May said it. She always delivers.
    Bold statement. (I hope you’re joking)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but the lawyers, like in a regular divorce have to rob us for as long and as much as possible, whilst doing basically nothing that could be construed as work. I'd like to know how much it's costing us for rent boys, prostitutes and drugs. All taxable deductable of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icequeenTM)
    Bold statement. (I hope you’re joking)
    /s
    I thought it was obvious enough.

ReputationRep:
    It's happening. Finalised for March 2019
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Define Brexit.
    Brexit means Brexit :rolleyes:

----
    I expect we'll get something and it'll be called Brexit by whoever the PM is next March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Brexit means Brexit :rolleyes:

----
    I expect we'll get something and it'll be called Brexit by whoever the PM is next March
    And there will be some politicians, likely the Mogg, saying that it is a betrayal of the "The will of the People" -- whatever the deal. Some others will say that the Tories have destroyed the UK -- whatever the deal.

ReputationRep:
    No it won't happen to all intents and purposes. It will be fudged in such as way to pacify the masses and minimise civil unrest and revolution.

The Common Purpose stooges (Freemasons etc) spent 40 years pushing the UK into the EU by stealth and skulduggery without giving the populous a referendum on it. They are not about to give up all that effort.

What we have at the moment is a complete circus show. They have to find a way of not actually delivering the BrExit that people wanted without the people taking to the streets and burning London down.

A proper BrExit means:

- we must leave the EU
    - we must not stay under the rule of EU laws or the ECJ
    - we must not continue paying into the EU
    - we are free to agree trade deals with the rest of the world
    - we are out of the customs union and single market

but of course others will wax lyrical about that being my definition of BrExit.

Bottom line. Common Purpose stooges rule the roost and ain't gonna let the UK out. A fudge will be delivered, 100%.

ReputationRep:
    Zidane dropped Bale for Isco to increase the hotness factor. Bold.

Let's see if it works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
    A proper BrExit means:

- we must leave the EU

Nah, that's pretty much it no matter how much obfuscation Remainers care to shed. There is no such thing as a soft-Brexit, what they mean by that is a deal where we leave the Union in name but nothing else. In other words, a Brexit where nothing changes. Silly, really.

ReputationRep:
    I know Brexit is going to happen but I really wish it wasn't happening. If it does happen, I know for sure that I'm getting my degree from here but moving somewhere else. Maybe Qatar or Germany (an Engineering degree)

ReputationRep:
    The vote should never have been held in the first place, my anger is at Cameron for this reason and BJ/Farage for being opportunist ego-maniacs, who like to play these great british characters. All the time and effort and money directed towards this when it could've been used to address real issues like the housing crisis and labour market.

Brexit = disaster.

I pity the PM for being left with this mess. Nobody knows what the hell is going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
    No it won't happen to all intents and purposes. It will be fudged in such as way to pacify the masses and minimise civil unrest and revolution.

The Common Purpose stooges (Freemasons etc) spent 40 years pushing the UK into the EU by stealth and skulduggery without giving the populous a referendum on it. They are not about to give up all that effort.

What we have at the moment is a complete circus show. They have to find a way of not actually delivering the BrExit that people wanted without the people taking to the streets and burning London down.

A proper BrExit means:

- we must leave the EU

Bottom line. Common Purpose stooges rule the roost and ain't gonna let the UK out. A fudge will be delivered, 100%.
    That isn't true. We had a referendum on the common market in the 1975. We voted to stay. And the UK has benefitted massively from our membership. It will be interesting to see what happens but I can't help but feel that the polarising iscolationist hawkish rhetoric from some leavers risks putting us on a slippery slope towards potential war.

ReputationRep:
    A group of nearly 40 leading UK intellectuals have launched a campaign to back Brexit, demanding an end to patronising “propaganda” that dismisses “leave” voters as “idiots”. The group is led by the historian Professor Robert Tombs and the economist Dr Graham Gudgin, both of Cambridge University. It also includes the former MI6 chief Sir Richard Dearlove, the Labour peer Lord Glasman and the Oxford law professor Dr Richard Ekins.

The group said that seeking to reverse the result — as some academics would like — “would outrage democratic sovereignty, cause dangerous and lasting dissension, and make the United Kingdom an international laughing stock”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...exit-g2f23ddsf

ReputationRep:
    Yes, so perhaps we should stop moaning about it and work to ensure we get a decent deal.

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by jfellow)
    A group of nearly 40 leading UK intellectuals have launched a campaign to back Brexit, demanding an end to patronising “propaganda” that dismisses “leave” voters as “idiots”. The group is led by the historian Professor Robert Tombs and the economist Dr Graham Gudgin, both of Cambridge University. It also includes the former MI6 chief Sir Richard Dearlove, the Labour peer Lord Glasman and the Oxford law professor Dr Richard Ekins.

The group said that seeking to reverse the result — as some academics would like — “would outrage democratic sovereignty, cause dangerous and lasting dissension, and make the United Kingdom an international laughing stock”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...exit-g2f23ddsf
    I thought we had had enough of experts these days?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.