Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As part of my interview for early years pgce, I have to deliver a 10 minute lesson to 5 other candidates. I have free rein on the topic and am really struggling for ideas! I know that they probably want to see how I deliver and communicate while teaching but I want it to be something fun and engaging!
    Anyone done one of these before and what topic did you choose?
    Also what did other candidates choose to teach about?
    Any help will be much appreciated! X
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had my interview back in November for PGCE Early Years.

The activities varied we had some that taught Welsh phrases, team building challenges, mediation, a specific skill or how to make something.

My advice would try not to over think it. Head ups also, they say to 5 other candidates youll be teaching but it depends on the interview day, when teaching my activity i only had 2 other people observing and participating in my group. So plan something that can be flexible if the group size changes.

Feel free to message if you have any other questions about the interview day.

Good luck

Alex

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alex,
    Ah thanks so much, it’s tonorrow and I have planned to do some welsh phrases so glad I’m on the right tracks! Can relax abit more abit it now! Thanks for the tip, my activity can be done to different sized groups!
    Did you have an individual interview?
    Also Is there anything I can practice/prepare for the written assessment?
    Sorry to bombard you 🙈
    Lauren

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heaplauren)
    Hi Alex,
    Ah thanks so much, it’s tonorrow and I have planned to do some welsh phrases so glad I’m on the right tracks! Can relax abit more abit it now! Thanks for the tip, my activity can be done to different sized groups!
    Did you have an individual interview?
    Also Is there anything I can practice/prepare for the written assessment?
    Sorry to bombard you 🙈
    Lauren
    Hi, Good luck for tomorrow

No worries, we are all in the same boat going into the interviews and everyone has similar questions.You do not need to be sorry!

My written task was about assessment in early years, but they may change the topic of the written task.

So basically, the day structure of mine was: meet n greet, maths test (but apparently removed this now), the written tasks, lunch then the group presentation and the individual interview. It was random order for the interviews but it was so informal and a casual chat.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.