Turn on thread page Beta

So I was planning to revise this half term.. watch

... I stole some old exercise books from the school store cupboard (oops?) and I was planning to dedicate an exercise book to each topic for each subject.. so 4 for sociology, 6 for psychology and 4 for biology.. I started printing some labels and pictures to decorate the book covers and my whole family gets angry for 'wasting ink'. Like I'm TRYING to do something with myself for once instead of you all calling me lazy. All my family ever does is pick on me and I have enough. Even the slightest things. I've had enough.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the libary to revise
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ... I stole some old exercise books from the school store cupboard (oops?) and I was planning to dedicate an exercise book to each topic for each subject.. so 4 for sociology, 6 for psychology and 4 for biology.. I started printing some labels and pictures to decorate the book covers and my whole family gets angry for 'wasting ink'. Like I'm TRYING to do something with myself for once instead of you all calling me lazy. All my family ever does is pick on me and I have enough. Even the slightest things. I've had enough.
    Families can be a tough one. On the whole, until you're 18 you're pretty much stuck with them, so trust me, it's better to deal with the issue, rather than just let it carry on... Have you told them how their comments make you feel? It's pretty unfair that they're making you feel like that in your own home...

As poster above said, are there places you can go during the day to do some revision? Previously when I was living at home, I would go into the town centre most days to a coffee shop or cafe and do some work in there... getting out the house relieved the tension a bit and meant arguments were less, and at times like dinner and evenings when I wasn't trying to concentrate on work...

Firstly you did steal some books, quite a lot. But I guess that's okay. You are getting quite a lot of books though, 14 books is a lot. I think you family might behave differently if you showed them that you are dedicated and want to study. I understand that you wanted to decorate your books, but it's not that big of a thing. As for your family being annoying, that happens, I understand but if I were you I'd try and talk about each situation and remain calm and positive. It's no good just shouting at them and they'll just shout at you. Try and always be calm and collected and perhaps you could try and spend less time in the house or more time in your room where you are away. Anyways good luck
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Firstly you did steal some books, quite a lot. But I guess that's okay. You are getting quite a lot of books though, 14 books is a lot. I think you family might behave differently if you showed them that you are dedicated and want to study. I understand that you wanted to decorate your books, but it's not that big of a thing. As for your family being annoying, that happens, I understand but if I were you I'd try and talk about each situation and remain calm and positive. It's no good just shouting at them and they'll just shout at you. Try and always be calm and collected and perhaps you could try and spend less time in the house or more time in your room where you are away. Anyways good luck
    Just imagining someone stuffing 14 exercise books into their backpack as they're sneaking out the stationery cupboard :rofl:

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    Just imagining someone stuffing 14 exercise books into their backpack as they're sneaking out the stationery cupboard :rofl:
    To be fair it was quite heavy!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.