Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HEY GUYS !! WELCOME TO MY GYG !!
    So it's only 3 months until GCSE and I'm ngl, I'm stressed (not really surprising tbh judging from my username). So I thought that this would be a good way to track my studying and make some friends. I've never posted on the student room before, so I'm kinda nervous but excited to get started and join the community. I plan to update this thread at least once a week and share the different resources I'm using. Tysm for just reading this and I wish you all the best of luck in summer.

Extra info about me:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • I would love to study medicine at university
    • For A-Level, I'm planning on taking biology, chemistry, and psychology
    • I'm looking for more volunteering so let me know if you have any ideas !
    • I currently live in Yorkshire

So here are my grades as of now:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ART- Attainment-7 Predicted-7
    BIOLOGY- Attainment-8 Predicted-9
    CHEMISTRY- Attainment-8 Predicted 8
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE- Attainment-8 Predicted-8
    ENGLISH LITERATURE- Attainment-7 Predicted-8
    HISTORY- Attainment-8 Predicted-9
    ICT- Attainment- A* Predicted-A*
    MATHS- Attainment-7 Predicted-8
    PHYSICS- Attainment-8 Predicted-8
    SPANISH-Attainment-7 Predicted-7

Overall, I'm quite happy with the grades that I've been predicted but I hope there are some areas that I can improve on. I'd say that the area I find trickiest is definitely languages (including English) and I feel that my predicted grades for those subjects are definitely ambitious so I'm going to need to work hard to meet those. I'm also finding it difficult to keep up to date with my coursework for Art and ICT so I think that this will be useful for tracking my progress.

These are the grades that I would like to get in the summer:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ART- 7 (I think that at this point in the year, it would be virtually impossible for me to massively change my grade as it's mainly coursework)
    BIOLOGY-9
    CHEMISTRY-9
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE-8
    ENGLISH LITERATURE-8
    HISTORY-9
    ICT-A*
    MATHS-8
    PHYSICS-9
    SPANISH-8

Tbh these targets are very ambitious so I'm fairly unlikely to reach all of these but a girl can try.

I took my mock exams straight after Christmas and on the whole, I'm pretty surprised at the results. Especially by my art and English language grade (we didn't do a literature mock) as I really expected to have gotten about a 6 for those subjects. I was a tad disappointed with my grade in maths though. I know that a 7 is not exactly a terrible grade either, but I was disheartened by how tough I found the papers as I expected my maths to be one of my strongest. I'm hoping that I can use this to motivate me to revise as I'm already tired of studying.

Mock results:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ART-8
    BIOLOGY-8
    CHEMISTRY-8
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE-8
    HISTORY-8
    ICT-A*
    MATHS-7
    PHYSICS-8
    SPANISH-7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressed~student)
    HEY GUYS !! WELCOME TO MY GYG !!
    So it's only 3 months until GCSE and I'm ngl, I'm stressed (not really surprising tbh judging from my username). So I thought that this would be a good way to track my studying and make some friends. I've never posted on the student room before, so I'm kinda nervous but excited to get started and join the community. I plan to update this thread at least once a week and share the different resources I'm using. Tysm for just reading this and I wish you all the best of luck in summer.

Extra info about me:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • I would love to study medicine at university
    • For A-Level, I'm planning on taking biology, chemistry, and psychology
    • I'm looking for more volunteering so let me know if you have any ideas !
    • I currently live in Yorkshire

So here are my grades as of now:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ART- Attainment-7 Predicted-7
    BIOLOGY- Attainment-8 Predicted-9
    CHEMISTRY- Attainment-8 Predicted 8
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE- Attainment-8 Predicted-8
    ENGLISH LITERATURE- Attainment-7 Predicted-8
    HISTORY- Attainment-8 Predicted-9
    ICT- Attainment- A* Predicted-A*
    MATHS- Attainment-7 Predicted-8
    PHYSICS- Attainment-8 Predicted-8
    SPANISH-Attainment-7 Predicted-7

Overall, I'm quite happy with the grades that I've been predicted but I hope there are some areas that I can improve on. I'd say that the area I find trickiest is definitely languages (including English) and I feel that my predicted grades for those subjects are definitely ambitious so I'm going to need to work hard to meet those. I'm also finding it difficult to keep up to date with my coursework for Art and ICT so I think that this will be useful for tracking my progress.

These are the grades that I would like to get in the summer:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ART- 7 (I think that at this point in the year, it would be virtually impossible for me to massively change my grade as it's mainly coursework)
    BIOLOGY-9
    CHEMISTRY-9
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE-8
    ENGLISH LITERATURE-8
    HISTORY-9
    ICT-A*
    MATHS-8
    PHYSICS-9
    SPANISH-8

Tbh these targets are very ambitious so I'm fairly unlikely to reach all of these but a girl can try.

I took my mock exams straight after Christmas and on the whole, I'm pretty surprised at the results. Especially by my art and English language grade (we didn't do a literature mock) as I really expected to have gotten about a 6 for those subjects. I was a tad disappointed with my grade in maths though. I know that a 7 is not exactly a terrible grade either, but I was disheartened by how tough I found the papers as I expected my maths to be one of my strongest. I'm hoping that I can use this to motivate me to revise as I'm already tired of studying.

Mock results:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ART-8
    BIOLOGY-8
    CHEMISTRY-8
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE-8
    HISTORY-8
    ICT-A*
    MATHS-7
    PHYSICS-8
    SPANISH-7

Hi, welcome to Grow your Grades and The Student Room! :wavey: Good luck this year

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.