The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trapking
[video="youtube;elGL6VIS5Vk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elGL6VIS5Vk[/video]

@Rk2k14 thoughts on Ante Rebic (the Frankfurt striker....he's 24) ?

Quality.

Never seen him play.

Should steer clear of United though.
Original post by Rk2k14
Never seen him play.

Should steer clear of United though.

Werner IN and then sell Rashford to Derby County.
You can bang on about who we should bring in but when you have a manager that already has the quality at his disposal and fails to utilise it, your argument is futile.

On paper we’re far superior to Liverpool yet here we are. There’s only Salah that’s getting in our team.
Original post by zKlown
You can bang on about who we should bring in but when you have a manager that already has the quality at his disposal and fails to utilise it, your argument is futile.

On paper we’re far superior to Liverpool yet here we are. There’s only Salah that’s getting in our team.

TAA and Robertson would get in our team.

Mane & Firmino would also get into our team.

Mou is definitely not a United style manager but for what he has done for the club in the last 2 seasons he deserves his 3rd season. We were in a far worse position with Moyes and LVG this is better but it's still not good enough, I understand that. He knows that if he ****s up next season he'll be gone/sacked.
150m spent this season.

19 points behind Man City
Knocked out by Bristol City in league cup
Knocked out by Sevilla in champions league
Knocked out by Chelsea in FA cup

Not good enough from Mourinho when he's spent close to 300m over the last 2 seasons on his squad. Pep would have won you the title by now if he had the job.
What we saying about Poch?

Got 2nd last season, just like Mourinho this season but was mocked whereas United fans are acting like 2nd is a trophy.

Difference is they did it playing better football and didnt spend a couple hundred million.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Hazard28
150m spent this season.

19 points behind Man City
Knocked out by Bristol City in league cup
Knocked out by Sevilla in champions league
Knocked out by Chelsea in FA cup

Not good enough from Mourinho when he's spent close to 300m over the last 2 seasons on his squad. Pep would have won you the title by now if he had the job.

My case in point. He's done a good job compared to when we were under LVG and Moyes no doubt but it's still not quite good enough (that we all agree on).

I also disagree that Pep would do a better job.....if he came here we weren't going to just spend like City have done for him so he would have had to make do with the shite we have. Pep is the kind of manager that if he doesn't have the appropriate top class players he flops.

Mourinho can at least get some results using crap players in his system.

Also don't mention that serial bottler Pork Chops in here please.....What a fraud.
Original post by Rk2k14
What we saying about Poch?

Got 2nd last season, just like Mourinho this season but was mocked whereas United fans are acting like 2nd is a trophy.

Difference is they did it playing better football and didnt spend a couple hundred million.

Pork Chops is legit a fraud.

Spurs have been basically relying on Kane to save them. If Kane goes watch how that team drops to 7th/8th. He's a serial bottler.
Pork Chops is legit a fraud.

Spurs have been basically relying on Kane to save them. If Kane goes watch how that team drops to 7th/8th. He's a serial bottler.

And Mourinho hasn't been relying on De Gea to save him?

Mourinho bottled the LC to Bristol and CL to Sevilla.He couldn't even "put pressure on" City thats how **** he is.

Give me Poch with the same budget anyday over Mourinho.
My case in point. He's done a good job compared to when we were under LVG and Moyes no doubt but it's still not quite good enough (that we all agree on).

I also disagree that Pep would do a better job.....if he came here we weren't going to just spend like City have done for him so he would have had to make do with the shite we have. Pep is the kind of manager that if he doesn't have the appropriate top class players he flops.

Mourinho can at least get some results using crap players in his system.

Also don't mention that serial bottler Pork Chops in here please.....What a fraud.

What if I told you Laporte, Mendy, Walker, Sane, B.Silva, Jesus cost as much as the players Mourinho bought? Imagine those players at United with Pep at the helm. You're telling me he wouldn't have done a better job...?
Pep would easily do better.

Wouldnt **** around with ex-wingers as FB and buy actual defenders.

Martial would be a killer under him. Movement is his biggest problem but Pep's worked wonders with Sane and Sterling when it comes to that.

Pogba under Pep>>>
Original post by That Bearded Man
Imagine if Mou was the manager when De Gea came in. We'd still be playing Victor Valdes

Now that's not fair at all. De Gea would have been sold for less than £20m to a mid ranking European side as a steppi g stone to Real Madrid while we would have been stuck with Lindegaard as our no. 1.
Original post by Rk2k14
And Mourinho hasn't been relying on De Gea to save him?

Mourinho bottled the LC to Bristol and CL to Sevilla.He couldn't even "put pressure on" City thats how **** he is.

Give me Poch with the same budget anyday over Mourinho.

Spurs bottled a 2 goal advantage in the CL, bottled the LC to West Ham with another 2 goal advantage, bottled the FA Cup Semi Finals and then their manager comes out and says winning trophies like the LC/FA Cup aren't important for the development of the club (after being asked why Spurs don't win basic trophies despite having one of the best teams in the league) .

Pork Chops has the best striker in the world arguably, had the best fullbacks in the league in Kyle Walker and Rose/Davies, has the best CBs in the league Toby and Vertonghen, has the second best midfielder in Europe in creating chances in Eriksen (he's behind Tony Kroos for chances created if you didn't know) and they still can't win **** all....

No thanks. This man should stay well clear of United I don't want him here he can go elsewhere.
Original post by Hazard28
What if I told you Laporte, Mendy, Walker, Sane, B.Silva, Jesus cost as much as the players Mourinho bought? Imagine those players at United with Pep at the helm. You're telling me he wouldn't have done a better job...?

It's a bit of a skewed argument because we wasted £90mill on a dabbing Mulumbu who cares more about his brand than putting consistent performances on the pitch.
Poch bottled it vs Juve and West Ham.

Mourinho bottled it against Sevilla and Bristol.

Btw Poch isnt even my first choice. Still better than the fraud in charge atm though.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Poch bottled it vs Juve and West Ham.

Mourinho bottled it against Sevilla and Bristol.

Btw Poch isnt even my first choice. Still better than the fraud in charge atm though.

who is your first choice? Caz even Jardim > Poch.

At least Mourinho has delivered some trophies while he's been here.
who is your first choice? Caz even Jardim > Poch.

At least Mourinho has delivered some trophies while he's been here.

Jardim's probably the best bet. Need someone to build a team for the future whilst competing and he did that well at Monaco.
Sarri, Simeone, Poch, Tuchel if he gets bored at PSG. Not sure about the Hoffenheim guy but if Bayern thought he could follow Jump he must be good.

Like Zed said though. You don't hire Mourinho to win 2nd rate trophies though. Anyone one of the guys mentioned above would have easily won the EL.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Definitely

Jardim's probably the best bet. Need someone to build a team for the future whilst competing and he did that well at Monaco.

Sarri, Simeone, Poch, Tuches if he gets bored at PSG.

Like Zed said though. You don't hire Mourinho to win 2nd rate trophies though. Anyone one of the guys mentioned above would have easily won the EL.

Agreed, Jardim is probably United's best fit. Nagelsmann is another top shout who plays a aggressive attacking style similar to Klopp, he won the Bundesliga manager of the year award (lost his best players and still made the team make top 4 for the first time in over 50 years or something and has done it again this season). He also developed players like Firmino before he went to Liverpool.

Simeone would not work because he is just another Mourinho in disguise. They are very very similar.

Has to be a manager who develops but plays an attacking brand of football with high potential of winning trophies.
Agreed, Jardim is probably United's best fit. Nagelsmann is another top shout who plays a aggressive attacking style similar to Klopp, he won the Bundesliga manager of the year award (lost his best players and still made the team make top 4 for the first time in over 50 years or something and has done it again this season). He also developed players like Firmino before he went to Liverpool.

Simeone would not work because he is just another Mourinho in disguise. They are very very similar.

Has to be a manager who develops but plays an attacking brand of football with high potential of winning trophies.

Comparing Simeone to Mourinho is an insult.

In 3 years he got Atleti from an average team to beating Barca and Madrid to the title and got them to multiple CL finals. All whilst spending a fraction of the budget of the big teams.

He is defensive just like Mourinho but also very aggressive in his style of play. E.g. they press unlike us. Don't concede many chances like we do and don't rely on their keeper to bail them out.
Original post by Rk2k14
Comparing Simeone to Mourinho is an insult.

In 3 years he got Atleti from an average team to beating Barca and Madrid to the title and got them to multiple CL finals. All whilst spending a fraction of the budget of the big teams.

He is defensive just like Mourinho but also very aggressive in his style of play. E.g. they press unlike us. Don't concede many chances like we do and don't rely on their keeper to bail them out.

But even in the games were we have pressed e.g. Arsenal away people still moaned about style of play.

Think appointing him would be another mistake because he doesn't fit the playing style. He would be better at Chelsea.

Latest