Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I ****ing hate Mourinho so much.

Gone into this game with absolutely no intention of winning this game, not even any intention of scoring a valuable away goal.

I know we are good at home but Sevilla have shown they have the ability, should fortune go their way, to hurt us.

Eurgh.

ReputationRep:
    I’m not sure why I watch United game. A pathetic attempt at reaping some sort of entertainment on my behalf there.

United overall will be happy. Sevilla, if there were going to do any damage, were going to do so at home. But they haven’t.

United didn’t really attack. Lukaku had that chance on the volley and then had the opportunity to pass to one of two Man Utd players who were clean through but picked out the only white shirt.

Doesn’t really matter though. Job is pretty much done.

Dreadful game though. Hardly and opportunities and Spurs-esque dives to complement.

ReputationRep:
    Would love City United in the QFs lol
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Good result to take back to OT. Until they score their away goal inside 5 mins....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Good result to take back to OT. Until they score their away goal inside 5 mins....
    Even more disastrous if late on tbh.

Reminds me of Chelsea/PSG. We took an excellent 1-1 back to Stamford Bridge. PSG scored two away goals after we had taken the lead twice and we went out. Eliminated without losing a game in 2014-15.

But Sevilla aren’t PSG.

ReputationRep:
    Yh Sevilla are poor, Liverpools defence just made their attack look good during the group stages (to this day I'm still pissed off we conceded 5 goals to them lot). They lost 5-1 at Moscow ffs, expect United to thrash them at OT.

ReputationRep:
    The best game I've seen in a long long time...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Can you even class that as football?

ReputationRep:
    Pogba played in his preferred 3 man midfield and.....enough said (for certain people).

That was painful to watch because there was no real attempt to win the game. Sevilla aren't even that good we could have finished them 3-0.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts going into the Chelsea game on the back of what would be a confidence boosting performance. Srs. It’s exactly what Mourinho wanted, bar the Pogba playing almost 90.

(Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Can you even class that as football?
    Get used to it. That’s going to be every CL away game in the knockout rounds.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, you guys are boring...

ReputationRep:
    Imagine expecting anything else.

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Good team. Obviously would prefer Blind over McOrdinary, but otherwise I’m happy. Should get the 0-0 we’ve come there for.
    This guy knew.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by S.G.)
    Thoughts going into the Chelsea game on the back of what would be a confidence boosting performance. Srs. It’s exactly what Mourinho wanted, bar the Pogba playing almost 90.

Get used to it. That’s going to be every CL away game in the knockout rounds.
    To be fair, SAF used to play a similiar style away from home in CL, only we used to take our chances when they came.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Atleast we don't bottle a 3-0 lead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math12345)
    Atleast we don't bottle a 3-0 lead.
    At least we’re actually willing to score goals 🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Flashed back to Mourinho’s “10 years without a title I think that’s boring” comment when I read that.

(Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    To be fair, SAF used to play a similiar style away from home in CL, only we used to take our chances when they came.
    You literally didn’t have a single clear cut chance. Lukaku maybe but Van Persie would’ve been required to finish it. Also, Ferguson got 0-0’s against teams like Inter and Barcelona not Sevilla.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by S.G.)
    Flashed back to Mourinho’s “10 years without a title I think that’s boring” comment when I read that.

You literally didn’t have a single clear cut chance. Lukaku maybe but Van Persie would’ve been required to finish it. Also, Ferguson got 0-0’s against teams like Inter and Barcelona not Sevilla.
    Good point, I concede. We need to get our act together, big time.

ReputationRep:
    Sevilla are in the Copa Del Rey final but showed them too much respect, backing off like it was high caliber opponent we were facing. But that's to be expected with Mourinho, and I can't remember the keeper making a save with only McTominay getting a shot on target. Our opponents were woeful in front of goal and luckily big Dave saved us but they might and probably will have their shooting boots on for the return leg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.G.)
    Meh, it’s all well and good being wary about an away game but this is Sevilla and not Bayern. It’s good being pragmatic and all but it’s just so dull to see this from a team that has such brilliant quality.

They failed to get an away goal and whist they would win at OT, all it takes now is Sevilla scoring to make it very difficult for United...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    At least we’re actually willing to score goals 🤔
    Good point. However, United are level or ahead of Liverpool in every competition so far this season...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 22, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.