Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard28)
    What? No idea what you mean.

The shoulder is part of the upper arm. FA rules on offside:

Offside position
    It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
    any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
    any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
    The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
    A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
    second-last opponent or
    last two opponents
    Mata was given offside for 1mm of his knee cap being off and you're saying a whole shoulder and arm counts as not offside...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    You can control the ball with your shoulder, it doesn’t count as handball.

Just saying.
    Sure, but it's not considered to be offside if your shoulder is in front of the last defender.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Mata was given offside for 1mm of his knee cap being off and you're saying a whole shoulder and arm counts as not offside...
    Those are the rules, what else do you want me to say? You won the game be happy! but at least have the decency to admit the wrong call was made. Not saying you didn't deserve the victory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    McTominay messed up for the first goal though.
    Yup - depends if we were playing offside too (Valencia deep) but McT didnt track his runner there
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Arsenal are sh*t.

City haven't even played well.

ReputationRep:
    Good important win today - does that result make you finish 2nd now?

Thought DDG looked a little shaky today. No spat between Conte and Mourinho today?

Also.. when did commentating become so bad?

ReputationRep:
    De Gea has bailed out his teammates many a time over the years so nice to see that reciprocated today with Lukaku finishing off a neat move and a lovely assist for Lingard. McTominay played his role in the second goal with the first time I've seen him play a forward ball after slack marking for the first goal. Top four position shouldn't be in threat from now on.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Good important win today - does that result make you finish 2nd now?

Thought DDG looked a little shaky today. No spat between Conte and Mourinho today?

Also.. when did commentating become so bad?
    Nothing really of note, although they just kind of avoided each other.

Yeah we are above you lot for now, still a long way to go though.

ReputationRep:
    Ashley Young and Valencia frustrated the hell out of me today.

Both (especially Young) hesitated so much to cross the ball in the box first time and kept going backwards especially Young oh my god. We NEED to buy good fullbacks this summer please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    So since his shoulder was offside doesn't that mean it was the correct decision? :laugh:
    Maybe you should read the rules.

ReputationRep:
    You daft ***** don't even realise that his body isn't offside. The camera is directly inline with the ball, not Morata and the guy playing him on. Ergo the perspective and camera gives the illusion that his arm is offside when no part of his body is ahead of the defender

Can always count on these ******** Surrey fans to chat **** even when they win a game they've bought.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    You daft ***** don't even realise that his body isn't offside. The camera is directly inline with the ball, not Morata and the guy playing him on. Ergo the perspective and camera gives the illusion that his arm is offside when no part of his body is ahead of the defender

Can always count on these ******** Surrey fans to chat **** even when they win a game they've bought.
    Dry your eyes mate.

ReputationRep:

I think he might be angry

Bare keyboards broken
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    kys
    reported.

ReputationRep:
    This was the first game this season we've won from a losing position right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    reported.

smh all these african football experts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    I think he might be angry

Bare keyboards broken
    can't even argue against what I've said because you know i'm right

ReputationRep:
    can't even argue against what I've said because you know i'm right
    This is the truth

I didn't even read your post, just saw a load of censored words.

Probably are right, but I'm not from Surrey #JustSaying

ReputationRep:

Such a BTEC post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Such a BTEC post
    Must be too complicated for you to understand then...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 23, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.