Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Need a RB and couple of CMs before anything. CB too if Toby comes available but a lot of clubs are gonna be after him.
    I'd say a LB, a CM, a DM, (possibly a CB too if it's Umtiti or Toby). Let's use Fosu Mensah as RB understudy.

Get rid of Young, Darmian, Smalling, Carrick, Fellaini, (Herrera too if right offer comes along). Let's just make sure we get real quality in these signings.

If a Dembele wants to leave Barca due to Griezmann maybe going there then I'd welcome him with arms wide open at United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    I'd say a LB, a CM, a DM, (possibly a CB too if it's Umtiti or Toby). Let's use Fosu Mensah as RB understudy.

Get rid of Young, Darmian, Smalling, Carrick, Fellaini, (Herrera too if right offer comes along). Let's just make sure we get real quality in these signings.

If a Dembele wants to leave Barca due to Griezmann maybe going there then I'd welcome him with arms wide open at United.
    Scott McTominay is getting game time ahead of TFM, AP and Tuanzebe

That sink needs letting in.

ReputationRep:

Heard some noise about Meunier. Guy is very good going forward (chipped in with a few goals/assists) and solid defensively.

Also 6'3 so perfect for Jose.

Would like Jorginho or a player of that mould. Player who can keep things ticking in midfield and is capable of playing the killer ball. Some of his passes are phenomenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Scott McTominay is getting game time ahead of TFM, AP and Tuanzebe

That sink needs letting in.
    He'll probably be on loan next season tbf

ReputationRep:

Blind should be top of that going out list. Roma nearly bought him in January but they decided to wait until summer so he's most likely leaving.

Blind, one of Smalling/Jones is going to be shipped out, Fellaini (pls don't sign that damn contract extension), Carrick and possibly Herrera.

Around 5 players will be shipped out can't see it being more than that. LB is a problem because Young is aids there and no idea what's happening with Shaw (maybe its because he doesn't offer as much going forward compared to Young).

RB is a must we need top top fullbacks. Sidibe/Muenier would be nice (Muenier lacks the pace though but he's very good at dribbling and putting balls in).

I'm hoping we lose Fellaini because it will force Jose to buy 2 midfielders not 1. Savic and Fabinho/Rabiot is the ultimate dream + a RB with Fosu coming in as backup for that position.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger Out!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Rabiot should be Matic's long term replacement 100%. Rate him far more than Fabinho, this guy is so underrated but he's the fulcrum for PSG's quick transitional play.

Add to that a CM like a Savic and a top right fullback to replace Valencia we are going to win the PL league with Mourinho.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by KingDav1d)
    Wenger Out!
    Wrong thread
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by trapking)
    Rabiot should be Matic's long term replacement 100%. Rate him far more than Fabinho, this guy is so underrated but he's the fulcrum for PSG's quick transitional play.

Add to that a CM like a Savic and a top right fullback to replace Valencia we are going to win the PL league with Mourinho.
    I love your optimism, a change from most United fans.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours that we could sign Wanyama from Spurs and Tony Kroos from Madrid.

What a powerhouse midfield that would be jesus....I'm legit excited at the midfield prospects this summer :coma:

This is where we are seriously lacking compared to the Chelsea's, Citys, Spurs, Liverpool.....midfield and proper fullbacks!!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by trapking)
    Rumours that we could sign Wanyama from Spurs and Tony Kroos from Madrid.

What a powerhouse midfield that would be jesus....I'm legit excited at the midfield prospects this summer :coma:

This is where we are seriously lacking compared to the Chelsea's, Citys, Spurs, Liverpool.....midfield and proper fullbacks!!!!
    I would love Toni Kroos, always thought he would fit in nicely at United. SAF always rated him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    I would love Toni Kroos, always thought he would fit in nicely at United. SAF always rated him.
    It's quite a possibility with Real probably over hauling their squad this summer + Mou highly rates him as well.

The names that keep popping up several times are Jorginho, Savic, Kroos and Wanyama. We have also been heavily linked with Toby Alderweireld probably means Smalling,Rojo or Jones one of them is getting shipped.

ReputationRep:
    Kroos lol.

ReputationRep:
    "Jose was holding Mkhi back"

ReputationRep:
    Moment of silence for Henrikh Mkhitaryan. His sacrifice will not be forgotten.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Apparently Mourinho is looking to get us playing in a 4-2-2-2 formation.

----------------De Gea-----------------
    Valencia--Bailly--Smalling--Shaw
    ---------Matic----McTominay--------
    -----Sanchez-------------Pogba-----
    ----------Lukaku-----Martial---------

If we buy another decent CM in the summer (preferably a ball playing CM) and spend big on full backs, I actually think this formation could work quite well for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Apparently Mourinho is looking to get us playing in a 4-2-2-2 formation.

----------------De Gea-----------------
    Valencia--Bailly--Smalling--Shaw
    ---------Matic----McTominay--------
    -----Sanchez-------------Pogba-----
    ----------Lukaku-----Martial---------

If we buy another decent CM in the summer (preferably a ball playing CM) and spend big on full backs, I actually think this formation could work quite well for us.
    That's not far off what we played against Chelsea. I'd say it was a lopsided diamond.

Pogba had has inside left channel, Sanchez was very central, and the strikers drifted wide.

ReputationRep:
    Pogba has played that role before for Juventus, remember one game against Napoli where he was playing as a winger in a 4-4-2 formation under Allegri.

ReputationRep:
    Formation don’t mean ****

ReputationRep:
    It's still going to be a 6-2-2-0 formation anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 25, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.