Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    There is a good reason why their defence has not been tested enough, City are deadly on the counter when teams try and get at their defence.
    Yeah they're great on the counter but surely there's a way to get at them without falling into that trap as well. The defence hasn't been tested enough because you can't beat the first press which involves 7 players, so you resort to long ball situations. With City having defenders who are not bad in the air so if you do that you need someone good in the air and/or who makes great runs as well as having a good passer from deep to reach said person.

Like of course be more defensive, City will have more possession but that doesn't mean you can't create any opportunity or get possession in good areas. If you have someone to hold up the ball e.g. which Chelsea were crying out for yesterday that could help. Main way to win in football is about creating space when attacking and reducing space when defending, there are many different ways to do it so I don't think e.g. gengenpressing all game is the only way to beat City.

ReputationRep:
    Where do I sign up to the #AntiJose campaign bammy jastard 27?

All I want is Luke Shaw to start a game of football.

ReputationRep:
    Young again ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)

If you're not first choice fullback you're not going to get a game under Mourinho. You only get games if you're a midfielder.

Well done on 2nd place anyway.

Also I was never Anti Jose, I want him back at our club. I miss him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)

Also I was never Anti Jose, I want him back at our club. I miss him.
    Bruh you on the Henny already and it's Monday. Come on now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Bruh you on the Henny already and it's Monday. Come on now...
    I hate being sober, I'm a smoker.

Chelsea getting me depressed. I've been repressing my sadness of Mourinho's departure for too long so I have to let it out on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    Smalling and Lindelof look like complete amateurs so far...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)

(Original post by mojojojo101)
    Smalling and Lindelof look like complete amateurs so far...
    At least most Man U fans there won't have had to travel too far tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho has to go
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Lol what on earth am I watching?

Also what has happened to Pogba, ever since Sanchez came he has been playing so poor. This half has been one of the worst halves I’ve ever seen from him.

Sanchez playing so bad as well. What is Mourinho doing in training these days?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else hoping we can get a refund on Sanchez?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Lol what on earth am I watching?

Also what has happened to Pogba, ever since Sanchez came he has been playing so poor. This half has been one of the worst halves I’ve ever seen from him.

Sanchez playing so bad as well. What is Mourinho doing in training these days?
    Tbf I think Sanchez has been the spark in our attack so far he's looking to make those passes in behind/make things happen.

As for Pogba no idea what's happening to him but he's been awful thus far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Anyone else hoping we can get a refund on Sanchez?
    The refund is Mkhitaryan.

ReputationRep:
    #FreeMartial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.G.)
    The refund is Mkhitaryan.
    He'd be on like 1/4 of the wages Sanchez is... I'd probably take that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Tbf I think Sanchez has been the spark in our attack so far he's looking to make those passes in behind/make things happen.

As for Pogba no idea what's happening to him but he's been awful thus far.
    Sanchez has done nothing of note, we haven't even got behind the defence or tested their keeper.

The whole team has been so bad, this is where Mourinho comes in to this, he needs to do more with the players we have I can't lie.

Lukaku not getting any service at all too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math12345)
    #FreeMartial
    He's injured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Yeah they're great on the counter but surely there's a way to get at them without falling into that trap as well. The defence hasn't been tested enough because you can't beat the first press which involves 7 players, so you resort to long ball situations. With City having defenders who are not bad in the air so if you do that you need someone good in the air and/or who makes great runs as well as having a good passer from deep to reach said person.

Like of course be more defensive, City will have more possession but that doesn't mean you can't create any opportunity or get possession in good areas. If you have someone to hold up the ball e.g. which Chelsea were crying out for yesterday that could help. Main way to win in football is about creating space when attacking and reducing space when defending, there are many different ways to do it so I don't think e.g. gengenpressing all game is the only way to beat City.
    Yh pressing them high isn't the only way, long ball comes to mind but as you said, you need someone who can dominate their CB's who are not bad in the air. United tried it at Old Trafford but Pep foresaw that and brought on a CB for a striker once they scored their second goal. Fellaini would be very useful for this but does not seem to be in favour for Jose anymore. Not sure why Conte didn't at least try starting with Giroud, he is also one that is capable of bringing others into play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Sanchez has done nothing of note, we haven't even got behind the defence or tested their keeper.

The whole team has been so bad, this is where Mourinho comes in to this, he needs to do more with the players we have I can't lie.

Lukaku not getting any service at all too.
    We need to do more it's like we are holding back a bit, hopefully better second half.

I can see why Mou benched Pogba though and people shouldn't be mad at him for that.

G.Neville is slaughtering him and that goal we conceded came from his errors (twice) :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Whole display so far summed up by Lindelof turning away when he should have taken a whack in the face. Lingard has played OK but e standard hasn't been high. Young is a good stop-gap option but Shaw should be challenging their young right back more aggressively going forward where as it's so easy with Ashley.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 25, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.