Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Sanchez has done nothing of note, we haven't even got behind the defence or tested their keeper.

The whole team has been so bad, this is where Mourinho comes in to this, he needs to do more with the players we have I can't lie.

Lukaku not getting any service at all too.
    Sanchez has done plenty, given the ball away plenty that is...

(Original post by samir12)
    Yh pressing them high isn't the only way, long ball comes to mind but as you said, you need someone who can dominate their CB's who are not bad in the air. United tried it at Old Trafford but Pep foresaw that and brought on a CB for a striker once they scored their second goal. Fellaini would be very useful for this.
    Dont neccserily compete with them in the air. On the counter City are vulnerable either side of Fernandinho and/or behind the full backs. If it were me, I'd play 2 quick small forwards who can get in the space, turn quickly and then run at the CBs, even better if you can repeatedly draw them into deep and wide positions. It'd be a risk as you'd essentially want 2 outfield players to do no defending.

ReputationRep:
    McTominay is off for Rashford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Sanchez has done plenty, given the ball away plenty that is...

Dont neccserily compete with them in the air. On the counter City are vulnerable either side of Fernandinho and/or behind the full backs. If it were me, I'd play 2 quick small forwards who can get in the space, turn quickly and then run at the CBs, even better if you can repeatedly draw them into deep and wide positions. It'd be a risk as you'd essentially want 2 outfield players to do no defending.
    That is key really, you are relying on your midfield to hold their own and beat the press, chances are they could get outnumbered and penned in, against Liverpool it will probably work but City are far less forgiving. They basically are starting to instill a fear factor that Ferguson did when teams came to Old Trafford already beaten before they kicked a ball. Managers are too scared to do anything but park the bus and hope they can nick something.

ReputationRep:
    #FreeUnited

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is happening...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Wtf is happening...
    Trusss...🤨

ReputationRep:
    Agent Van Aanholt

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez has done nothing of note, we haven't even got behind the defence or tested their keeper.

The whole team has been so bad, this is where Mourinho comes in to this, he needs to do more with the players we have I can't lie.

Oh flip, forgot Lukaku was playing.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Oh flip, forgot Lukaku was playing.
    Of course you did you racist.

You only see white people.

ReputationRep:

This is not Mourinho's fault. The players are simply not performing.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho is an idiot. There is more to scoring goals than throwing every single attacking player you have on the pitch at once.

How he can justify keeping Sanchez on the pitch is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    This is not Mourinho's fault. The players are simply not performing.
    It's his job to get them to play well, if he can't then he can **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku>Morata

ReputationRep:
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sss lukaku

ReputationRep:
    de Gea is too good

ReputationRep:
    That de Gea save doesn't even make sense.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Lovely shot of Lukaku fondling his *******s there...

ReputationRep:
    Matic I love you.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhh myyyy godddddddd

i love this team

ReputationRep:
    Greatness from Matic (and De Gea earlier)

Alexis & Pogba have been so bad lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 27, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.