The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
Sanchez has done nothing of note, we haven't even got behind the defence or tested their keeper.

The whole team has been so bad, this is where Mourinho comes in to this, he needs to do more with the players we have I can't lie.

Lukaku not getting any service at all too.

Sanchez has done plenty, given the ball away plenty that is...

Original post by samir12
Yh pressing them high isn't the only way, long ball comes to mind but as you said, you need someone who can dominate their CB's who are not bad in the air. United tried it at Old Trafford but Pep foresaw that and brought on a CB for a striker once they scored their second goal. Fellaini would be very useful for this.

Dont neccserily compete with them in the air. On the counter City are vulnerable either side of Fernandinho and/or behind the full backs. If it were me, I'd play 2 quick small forwards who can get in the space, turn quickly and then run at the CBs, even better if you can repeatedly draw them into deep and wide positions. It'd be a risk as you'd essentially want 2 outfield players to do no defending.
Reply 561
McTominay is off for Rashford.
Original post by mojojojo101
Sanchez has done plenty, given the ball away plenty that is...

Dont neccserily compete with them in the air. On the counter City are vulnerable either side of Fernandinho and/or behind the full backs. If it were me, I'd play 2 quick small forwards who can get in the space, turn quickly and then run at the CBs, even better if you can repeatedly draw them into deep and wide positions. It'd be a risk as you'd essentially want 2 outfield players to do no defending.

That is key really, you are relying on your midfield to hold their own and beat the press, chances are they could get outnumbered and penned in, against Liverpool it will probably work but City are far less forgiving. They basically are starting to instill a fear factor that Ferguson did when teams came to Old Trafford already beaten before they kicked a ball. Managers are too scared to do anything but park the bus and hope they can nick something.
(edited 6 years ago)
#FreeUnited
Wtf is happening...
Original post by trapking
Wtf is happening...

Trusss...🤨
Reply 566
Agent Van Aanholt
Sanchez has done nothing of note, we haven't even got behind the defence or tested their keeper.

The whole team has been so bad, this is where Mourinho comes in to this, he needs to do more with the players we have I can't lie.

Oh flip, forgot Lukaku was playing.
Original post by qasidb
Oh flip, forgot Lukaku was playing.

Of course you did you racist.

You only see white people.
Reply 569

This is not Mourinho's fault. The players are simply not performing.
Mourinho is an idiot. There is more to scoring goals than throwing every single attacking player you have on the pitch at once.

How he can justify keeping Sanchez on the pitch is beyond me.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
This is not Mourinho's fault. The players are simply not performing.

It's his job to get them to play well, if he can't then he can **** off.
Lukaku>Morata
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss lukaku
de Gea is too good
That de Gea save doesn't even make sense.
Lovely shot of Lukaku fondling his *******s there...
Matic I love you.
Ohhhhh myyyy godddddddd

i love this team
Greatness from Matic (and De Gea earlier)

Alexis & Pogba have been so bad lol

Latest