Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Mourinho just thinks “important game” and immediately plays defensive. Doesn’t even seem to consider anything else and it’s laughable at this stage.

Quality manager over his career, but the resources generally available to him have been plentiful. He might get the odd result in a big game, but his football is painful to watch and he’s never gonna win the biggest competitions playing like this.

I just don’t understand why he set up so defensively in a game he had to score in. Did he just assume you’d win 1-0 and was too arrogant to consider the possibility of a Sevilla goal? 🤔
    I would’ve thought they would’ve played the lineup they played against Chelsea and Liverpool. He would’ve sat back if they had a lead. Made the same mistake against Atletico, PSG and now Sevilla. Three consecutive seasons in the CL he’s lost out because he didn’t attack.

Amazing how it’s gone from “English teams are back” to Spurs and United out. Yet to see if Chelsea can beat Barcelona. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  D7A6EBD5-DEBA-41A8-A320-091B22DACC8E.jpg.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  34.8 KB
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku is absolutely spot on. One of our few players to turn up yesterday
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    So no one's going to mention De Gea's atrocious fumble. I know he's an exceptional keeper, but if that was a Liverpool keeper the pundits would be having a field day.

btw where's my boy Rk2k14 at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    So no one's going to mention De Gea's atrocious fumble. I know he's an exceptional keeper, but if that was a Liverpool keeper the pundits would be having a field day.

Yes he should have saved the 2nd goal but after keeping us in the first leg by himself and earning us 10-12 points in the league this season alone he gets a pass for one poor performance.

I cant see how he can justify staying at United much longer if we don't start winning big trophies (PL and CL) if wants to really make an impact on the game.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by S.G.)
    Don’t get why you wouldn’t attack a team shipping 5 to ‘defensive’ Atletico and ****ing Eibar.
    Sevilla in European knockout rounds are a different prospect to sevilla in the league tbf - they've only lost one knockout tie in four years, thanks to Wes Morgans magnificent todger and footballs finest rustler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Sevilla in European knockout rounds are a different prospect to sevilla in the league tbf - they've only lost one knockout tie in four years, thanks to Wes Morgans magnificent todger and footballs finest rustler.
    It helps when they’ve played Europa League for the majority of that time. They’ve played three knockout CL ties since 2010. They’ve lost to CSKA Moscow and Leicester but beat Man United.

So that’s one win in CL knockout ties in 8 years.

Sevilla weren’t even that great. They’re an awful team in the final third based on the evidence of these two legs. United should’ve attacked and should be in the quarter finals.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Didn't sleep much after that absolute shi*show.

I thought Mourinho's comments after the game were bang out of order.

He should be given next season, with one more transfer window. If he fails next season I think we should try and grab Pochettino.

He might not have won anything yet but I think he has all the assets to be a great United manager.

ReputationRep:
    When the results didn't speak for him at Chelsea, JM praised himself :

"Last season I did phenomenal work. Sometimes I find myself thinking that last season I did such an amazing job I brought players to a level that is not their level and, if this is true, I brought them to such a level where this season they couldn’t keep the super motivation to be leaders and champions."
    (source)

He was sacked 3 days later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Didn't sleep much after that absolute shi*show.

I thought Mourinho's comments after the game were bang out of order.

He should be given next season, with one more transfer window. If he fails next season I think we should try and grab Pochettino.

He might not have won anything yet but I think he has all the assets to be a great United manager.
    This is what Mourinho does, he's a master of mind games. It's a deflection tactic to take away the negativity from the bad performance + players and to put it all on himself.

He realises he got it wrong but instead of actually admitting it he plays it off and says some comments that will rustle fans to deflect attention.

Anyway in other news Lukaku now has 25 goals, 7 assists this season. 5 goals scored in the CL in 8 appearences too.

#OurNumber9 <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)

Why is everyone @ing me lol.

You lot think I'm Mourinho in or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Why is everyone @ing me lol.

You lot think I'm Mourinho in or something?
    You were Mou In few weeks ago..

And you wanted Sanchez so thats probably why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    You were Mou In few weeks ago..

And you wanted Sanchez so thats probably why
    I've been calling for a new manager for months. Give me Poch any day of the week over Mourinho. The guy is finished at the top. Jardim/Tuchel/Sarri even better.

Every single United fan wanted Sanchez if it meant Mkhi went the other way. Sanchez is **** but Mkhi was something else.

ReputationRep:
    I've been calling for a new manager for months. Give me Poch any day of the week over Mourinho. The guy is finished at the top. Jardim/Tuchel/Sarri even better.

Every single United fan wanted Sanchez if it meant Mkhi went the other way. Sanchez is **** but Mkhi was something else.
    If we were gonna sell Mkhi then I would rather we sold him to Arsenal and just waited till the summer and bought someone fairly young like a Dybala/Griezzy or even Malcom.

It wouldn't have disturbed the whole team dynamic because prior to Sanchez arriving we were actually playing quite well as a team. Anyway Sanchez is here now and at least we got an experienced player in him but Mou better figure out how to make him click with the team because so far he hasnt gelled in that well with the rest of the team.

I'm still far away from being Mourinho out. Yes he got some things wrong but there is no denying hes brought back a winning mentality to this club and some level of decent progress. We have had some cracking games under Mourinho that stirred up feelings from Fergies era.... I never felt like this under LVG or Moyes EVER. He's done wrll and if we have a good summer window this year he will deliver the PL title.

ReputationRep:
    If we were gonna sell Mkhi then I would rather we sold him to Arsenal and just waited till the summer and bought someone fairly young like a Dybala/Griezzy or even Malcom.

It wouldn't have disturbed the whole team dynamic because prior to Sanchez arriving we were actually playing quite well as a team. Anyway Sanchez is here now and at least we got an experienced player in him but Mou better figure out how to make him click with the team because so far he hasnt gelled in that well with the rest of the team.

I'm still far away from being Mourinho out. Yes he got some things wrong but there is no denying hes brought back a winning mentality to this club and some level of decent progress. We have had some cracking games under Mourinho that stirred up feelings from Fergies era.... I never felt like this under LVG or Moyes EVER. He's done wrll and if we have a good summer window this year he will deliver the PL title.
    If you think we're winning the title with Mourinho + Pep being in England, you're in for a rude awakening.

ReputationRep:
    If you think we're winning the title with Mourinho + Pep being in England, you're in for a rude awakening.
    City arent winning it next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Lol as if Scott McOrdinary is the saviour, was meant to post this guy...

:sogood:

ReputationRep:

Believe in mourinho. He will deliver.

ReputationRep:
    City arent winning it next season.
    They'll win it just as easily as they did this season. They didn't win because of a weak league or anything that might change. If anything they will probably be better with Mendy back and whoever else they draft in this summer, probably in midfield. They have only lost 1 game, the statement they won't win it again is far more dependent upon the Everton's and Leicester's of the league than us. How many big games could they have lost this year and still lead the league?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    If you learned anything this game you haven't been watching properly this season. Entirely predictable. Team who can't defend attempt to defend for 180mins.

You'd better off getting a manager who aims to control the game than just buying players and hoping they do the opposite of what the manager wants. You've got a manager who aims to ensure nothing happens in big games and has no interest in controlling the game, yet for some reason then move to, its probably one specific players fault that we are playing like this.

You can sign whoever you want and we will still play like this because that is the plan.
    But you've only conceded 7 goals in the league all season so surely you can defend?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 15, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.