Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Thread XXII watch

ReputationRep:
    If I was manager next season, this would be my starting 11 (current players only)

DDG

Shaw
    Lindleof
    Bailly
    TFM

Matic
    Pogba
    AP

Martial
    Rashford
    Sanchez

ReputationRep:
    Matic can't even catch a break against Huddersfield.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Matic playing again?

Cool to see Hamilton though, hopefully he gets some meaningful game time. Been a beast for me on FM this year.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Why is Matic playing again?

Cool to see Hamilton though, hopefully he gets some meaningful game time. Been a beast for me on FM this year.
    Because Pogba is absent, no doubt that Jose would have rested Matic today if Pogba was fit.

ReputationRep:
    Nice play with Mata to get that through ball, and good finish by Lukaku.

ReputationRep:
    Your performance:

ReputationRep:
    Truly dreadful performance again. Huddersfield are bloody dreadful, have seen under 8s defend better than they do.

I cannot believe we are going to be paying Sanchez half a million quid this week to produce a performance like this...

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez is genuinely trash ffs.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be the worst performance I have ever seen from a team who are going to win. Awful.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What are you guys talking about, I thought we played quite well considering the team that was put out.

Professional performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    What are you guys talking about, I thought we played quite well considering the team that was put out.

Basically your first team bar 3 players against Huddersfield.

ReputationRep:
    Goal changed the game obviously and we were fortunate to get the goal so early but Joses change at HT worked, Lukaku and Smalling were excellent. Back 4 seemed pretty solid and with Carrick adding extra support we were comfortable. All to add I guess was that McTominay and Sanchez weren't particularly great and great to have Bailly back
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

Was better in the second half, but come on, first half we couldn't move the ball forward, couldn't control possession, couldn't stop Huddersfield from creating chances. If we play like that in mid week we could get smashed.

Huddersfield are beyond trash, they looked thoroughly incapable a couple of weeks ago and weren't much better today. They completely dominated the first half but never really made good chances and were always vulnerable when the ball was in their half.

Also, I bet Hamilton and Gomes really benefited from sitting around in the cold for 2 hours, likewise Bailly playing less than 20 seconds...

However, I do have a positive (weird, I know). Because we were so deep, when the ball did come forward it put Lukaku in exactly the position you want him in, in a foot race against defenders charging through on goal. It looked very dangerous in that situation and we haven't played anything like enough into that this season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by S.G.)
    Basically your first team bar 3 players against Huddersfield.
    All i'm saying is that after the last couple of weeks this was the typer of performance we needed, but there is much still to improve on.

Huddersfield are a prem team (who have beat us at home already this season), we had a goal disallowed and Huddersfield never had a chance at our goal. We defended really well.

Just trying to be a bit positive.

ReputationRep:
    All i'm saying is that after the last couple of weeks this was the typer of performance we needed, but there is much still to improve on.

Huddersfield are a prem team (who have beat us at home already this season), we had a goal disallowed and Huddersfield never had a chance at our goal. We defended really well.

Just trying to be a bit positive.
    Fair enough.

I was listening on the radio and it sounded like you were very poor.

Irrelevant game midweek before Chelsea at Old Trafford. That should be a cracker.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by S.G.)
    Fair enough.

I was listening on the radio and it sounded like you were very poor.

Irrelevant game midweek before Chelsea at Old Trafford. That should be a cracker.
    Yeah I think it will be interesting to see what Mourinho does with Matic. Look nackered towards the end of the game, wondering if he will rest him midweek so he will be rested up against Chelsea. Hopefully Pogba will be fit to face you as well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Looks like Semi-finals for FA cup could be United, City, Chelsea and Tottenham.

Can't remember the last time the semi finals had all top teams in it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you were expecting something different from a Matic, Carrick and McTominay midfield...

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho defo gonna ship Pogba off

(Original post by zKlown)
    If I was manager next season, this would be my starting 11 (current players only)

DDG

Shaw
    Lindleof
    Bailly
    TFM

Matic
    Pogba
    AP

Martial
    Rashford
    Sanchez
    We’d finish 6th or lower with that team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Mourinho defo gonna ship Pogba off

We’d finish 6th or lower with that team
    No we wouldn’t

You’re just angry your merry group of idiots are on their way out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 20, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.