Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I live with my boyfriend and his mum. My bf is 26 and I’m 22 he isn’t ready to move out but I am I’ve told him how stressful it is living with his mum as she seems to take all her anger out on me mentally not physically (calling me names making fun of me, swearing and shouting) I never react back cos I wouldn’t want to make the situation worse! Now I’ve noticed that she never knocks on the bathroom door or bedroom door! When my bf is in the bath or shower she walks right in and tried to have a full blown conversation!!! My partner does cover his bits but to me a mother should NOT see her fully grown son naked? Now I’ve brought it to his attention and told him it does make me very uncomfortable and see him in a different light as in I don’t want to touch him after wards cos I’m so grossed out by it! So he has started to tell her to get out but she doesn’t listen! I feel she’s too possessive and when my bf gives me a kiss or cuddle she will ask for one straight away off of him as if she’s trying to show me I ain’t number one which I am very aware of and don’t want to ever come inbetween! But I’m really considering moving back with my parents but I know fine well I won’t see my bf as much cos his mum will cry every time he leaves her alone in the house over night as she has shown before I lived there hence the reason I moved in to make it less stressful on my bf! I just don’t know what to do
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Shannon95morgan)
    I live with my boyfriend and his mum. My bf is 26 and I’m 22 he isn’t ready to move out but I am I’ve told him how stressful it is living with his mum as she seems to take all her anger out on me mentally not physically (calling me names making fun of me, swearing and shouting) I never react back cos I wouldn’t want to make the situation worse! Now I’ve noticed that she never knocks on the bathroom door or bedroom door! When my bf is in the bath or shower she walks right in and tried to have a full blown conversation!!! My partner does cover his bits but to me a mother should NOT see her fully grown son naked? Now I’ve brought it to his attention and told him it does make me very uncomfortable and see him in a different light as in I don’t want to touch him after wards cos I’m so grossed out by it! So he has started to tell her to get out but she doesn’t listen! I feel she’s too possessive and when my bf gives me a kiss or cuddle she will ask for one straight away off of him as if she’s trying to show me I ain’t number one which I am very aware of and don’t want to ever come inbetween! But I’m really considering moving back with my parents but I know fine well I won’t see my bf as much cos his mum will cry every time he leaves her alone in the house over night as she has shown before I lived there hence the reason I moved in to make it less stressful on my bf! I just don’t know what to do
    You are under her roof. I think there are some possession and power games going on.

Previously she knows what he looks like naked, but i suspect its an assertion of power and she wants to show him she still has it.

Theres nothing wrong with his age and still living there, but he should listen to you as it sounds unhealthy plus yuo are unhappy. Uf he wont leave then you have to decide if hes worth it or just find another bf. I doubt the mum will change and it seens like the bf has it comfy, so you come last.

I would move back home if I were you and assess whether someone else and a different situation is better for you. I dont see him or her changing. The future would not look good for you imo as you cna already see it.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    You are under her roof. I think there are some possession and power games going on.

Previously she knows what he looks like naked, but i suspect its an assertion of power and she wants to show him she still has it.

Theres nothing wrong with his age and still living there, but he should listen to you as it sounds unhealthy plus yuo are unhappy. Uf he wont leave then you have to decide if hes worth it or just find another bf. I doubt the mum will change and it seens like the bf has it comfy, so you come last.

I would move back home if I were you and assess whether someone else and a different situation is better for you. I dont see him or her changing. The future would not look good for you imo as you cna already see it.
    This. When I was with my ex-fiancée her mother could be very possessive of her, disapproving of us showing affection for one another or anything. It probably broke her heart that we slept in the same bed when I was there - and I remember once she lectured me (at the time a 24-year-old, seeing her 20-year-old daughter) about how I was not to have sex with her - "make sure it stays in your trousers" were her exact words.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.