Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 18, I have no GCSEs in the A* - C range or 9 - 4 in the new GCSE, I was 16 when I took mine, went to college still though and got entry level 3 English, maths and animal care, left, got a Christ job a few months later, left, got a dog walking job and another college place doing level 1 English, maths and employability, functional skills.

As you can probably tell I want to work with animals, i have volunteered in a few places, but there aren't many jobs with them in my area and even though I'm dog walking I want to keep that up for a while then move on, I will more than likely keep my dog walking website up though. I'm looking into animal care worker or veterinary care assistant, but with my lack of qualifications and how competitive the industry is I want to improve my education.

I'm looking into pre access, access then maybe uni? Pre access you can get GCSE English and maths at C or above and I will practise all year. I just need advice really.

I want to travel the UK but need a car to do that as public transport is expensive and cars are easier anyway, I can't do that of I'm in a low paid crappy job I hate, I know animal jobs aren't paid a lot but can be better than minimum wage and as long as I can have a car I'm okay.

ReputationRep:
    First of all don't panic , get yourself back into college and undertake the Fucutional Skils Maths

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.