Turn on thread page Beta

How to get a 9 in GCSE History? watch

ReputationRep:
    Question is in the title! Any advice will be truly helpful!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AngelaVickers)
    Question is in the title! Any advice will be truly helpful!
    It kind of depends what level you are at now.
    1. Master core material.
    2. Master exam technique and understand the exam format for each paper.
    3. Practice exams, so you can provide the answer they look for.
    4. Answer the question being asked and not the one youd hoped they had asked.
    5.Use mark schemes.
    6. Have a clear essay plan which shows thought and an objective investigation, identification of issues, analysis and evaluation.
    7. Inroduce outside reading ir mre than the basics if you wish to stand out. Give the examiner soemthing to think about that shows youa re in control of your subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    It kind of depends what level you are at now.
    1. Master core material.
    2. Master exam technique and understand the exam format for each paper.
    3. Practice exams, so you can provide the answer they look for.
    4. Answer the question being asked and not the one youd hoped they had asked.
    5.Use mark schemes.
    6. Have a clear essay plan which shows thought and an objective investigation, identification of issues, analysis and evaluation.
    7. Inroduce outside reading ir mre than the basics if you wish to stand out. Give the examiner soemthing to think about that shows youa re in control of your subject.
    Thank you so much!!! That was great advice! I really appreciate it! I'm sure I'll ace the exams now!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AngelaVickers)
    Thank you so much!!! That was great advice! I really appreciate it! I'm sure I'll ace the exams now!
    It boils down to being well organised, knowing your stuff and then knowing hw to give the examiner what they want. Dont skimp on exam technique and practising papers under exam conditions.

I used to do 15 min essays i.e just detaied plans rather thna the full essay. keep applying yourself and improving.

keep reminding yourself you can relax and reward yourself in the summer, so only 5 months hard work now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.