Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Year 7 Common Room, Year 6 Proms, the fact that a 6th form common room is called a 6TH FORM common room, yet you have Year 7's and 8's wandering in and out of them. Does anyone have anything else to add?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I've never heard of a year 6 prom before, would kids just be drinking apple juice or something? :lol:

My school didn't allow us to wear coats inside the classroom so during the winter we would all freeze if the school were being cheap with the heating.

ReputationRep:
    We had a school disco in year 6
    (Original post by UWS)
    I've never heard of a year 6 prom before, would kids just be drinking apple juice or something? :lol:

My school didn't allow us to wear coats inside the classroom so during the winter we would all freeze if the school were being cheap with the heating.
    We had a school disco in year 6 and we had those calippo drinks that were like flat coke...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Having the leavers day before any exams....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Having to put your hand when you need the bathroom and they dont even let you go smh

ReputationRep:
    Forcing all pupils to attend after-school revision in Year 11 and then spending these sessions chasing up people who didn't attend rather than use them to teach those that did attend.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by UWS)
    Mocktails.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My friend has got Prom during GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Eleven_)
    Year 7 Common Room, Year 6 Proms, the fact that a 6th form common room is called a 6TH FORM common room, yet you have Year 7's and 8's wandering in and out of them. Does anyone have anything else to add?
    6th form is a hangover from the days when y7s were called 1st years, y11 were 5th years and so post 16 was 6th form.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.