Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

School ideas that are stupid... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Year 7 Common Room, Year 6 Proms, the fact that a 6th form common room is called a 6TH FORM common room, yet you have Year 7's and 8's wandering in and out of them. Does anyone have anything else to add?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I've never heard of a year 6 prom before, would kids just be drinking apple juice or something? :lol:

My school didn't allow us to wear coats inside the classroom so during the winter we would all freeze if the school were being cheap with the heating.

ReputationRep:
    We had a school disco in year 6
    (Original post by UWS)
    I've never heard of a year 6 prom before, would kids just be drinking apple juice or something? :lol:

My school didn't allow us to wear coats inside the classroom so during the winter we would all freeze if the school were being cheap with the heating.
    We had a school disco in year 6 and we had those calippo drinks that were like flat coke...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Having the leavers day before any exams....
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Having to put your hand when you need the bathroom and they dont even let you go smh

ReputationRep:
    Forcing all pupils to attend after-school revision in Year 11 and then spending these sessions chasing up people who didn't attend rather than use them to teach those that did attend.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by UWS)
    Mocktails.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My friend has got Prom during GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Eleven_)
    Year 7 Common Room, Year 6 Proms, the fact that a 6th form common room is called a 6TH FORM common room, yet you have Year 7's and 8's wandering in and out of them. Does anyone have anything else to add?
    6th form is a hangover from the days when y7s were called 1st years, y11 were 5th years and so post 16 was 6th form.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.