Turn on thread page Beta

I have been dating my boyfriend for 6 months and a month ago got in a argument with him for the way he speaks to other girls and he promised he would stop, the other night i found flirtatious messages to other girls and confronted him about them. he says that he hates himself for it and doesn't know why he did it and if i give him another chance he will not let me down again. I love him and dont want to let him go but should i give him another chance?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    The question is how many chances are you willing to give him? If he's the guy to keep saying sorry and he won't do it again, then you're just being played.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been dating my boyfriend for 6 months and a month ago got in a argument with him for the way he speaks to other girls and he promised he would stop, the other night i found flirtatious messages to other girls and confronted him about them. he says that he hates himself for it and doesn't know why he did it and if i give him another chance he will not let me down again. I love him and dont want to let him go but should i give him another chance?
    Give him the silent treatment for a while or tell him you want to take a break until you both sort this out.

(Original post by Bham369)
    Give him the silent treatment for a while or tell him you want to take a break until you both sort this out.
    i actually wouldn't recommend the silent treatment. most lads i know who tell me they're getting the silent treatment aren't too bothered about it because 1. they know the girl cares and thats why they aren't speaking
    2. they get some peace and quiet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i actually wouldn't recommend the silent treatment. most lads i know who tell me they're getting the silent treatment aren't too bothered about it because 1. they know the girl cares and thats why they aren't speaking
    2. they get some peace and quiet
    Every guy I know hates it. But I guess it is up to OP to decide what she does

ReputationRep:
    silent treatment is SO childish

OP personally I would say he's made it clear he isn't committed. You will just send a message he can do what he likes and you will keep forgiving him. He may even get better at hiding it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.