Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I need a five year reference history check for my new job. It’s not a problem as I’ve been employed for the last seven years by the same company.

The problem; my Dad has been my boss as he owns the company and lives at the same address as me, is this a problem with regards to referencing?

Does anybody have experience with 5 year history checks? Or experience with an airside passes at airports?

Cheers
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by daly123)
    Hi

I need a five year reference history check for my new job. It’s not a problem as I’ve been employed for the last seven years by the same company.

The problem; my Dad has been my boss as he owns the company and lives at the same address as me, is this a problem with regards to referencing?

Does anybody have experience with 5 year history checks? Or experience with an airside passes at airports?

Cheers
    Yes because your dad is obviously related to you and so cnat be judged as independent. Talk t your new employer and ask them for the way to proceed i.e whetehr its good enough or whether they have ideas for an alternative.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.