Sam4568
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I'm looking to do biology and psychology at A level after my gcses but the the course I want to do at uni (paramedic science) requires you have at least two science A levels, so I was wondering if psychology counts as one.
I know I could always do chemistry but It's gonna be a pain doing a subject I don't really enjoy just for the sake of it.

Any help would be appreciated x
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sam4568)
So I'm looking to do biology and psychology at A level after my gcses but the the course I want to do at uni (paramedic science) requires you have at least two science A levels, so I was wondering if psychology counts as one.
I know I could always do chemistry but It's gonna be a pain doing a subject I don't really enjoy just for the sake of it.

Any help would be appreciated x
It's a social science but won't be acceptable as a science for paramedic science unfortunately. Chem is your better bet.
Sam4568
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
It's a social science but won't be acceptable as a science for paramedic science unfortunately. Chem is your better bet.
Alright, thank you
OwlOfFire
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Some unis do accept psychology as a science, I would definitely check out the websites.
Den902
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It can be considered a science because it practises the scientific method but many argue that its not because of its abstract nature and the inability to reproduce experiments (e.g what makes me happy, may not make you happy). Thus the fact that Psychology is not something established (which includes constants and laws), excludes it from the traditional sciences.
CopyThat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Features of science -

Objectivity,
Paradigms,
Use of empirical evidence
Replicability
Hypothesis testing
Falsifiability

(Sorry thought i'd use this thread for semi-revision to see if i remembered the features of science)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.03%
I don't have everything I need (255)
43.97%

Watched Threads