extremely swollen and painful helix piercing Watch

Phoebe Lupton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I got my helix pierced just over a week ago now and it’s been fine until I fell asleep on it and knocked it a couple of times. Since then my ear has been extremely swollen and painful to the point were the piercing looks like it’s being swollowed into my ear! I have been giving it salt water baths twice a day and been taking ibuprofen to stop swelling, but i am panicking abit and I am just looking for some more advice!
ax12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Phoebe Lupton)
I got my helix pierced just over a week ago now and it’s been fine until I fell asleep on it and knocked it a couple of times. Since then my ear has been extremely swollen and painful to the point were the piercing looks like it’s being swollowed into my ear! I have been giving it salt water baths twice a day and been taking ibuprofen to stop swelling, but i am panicking abit and I am just looking for some more advice!
You should be able to go back to the shop that you got it done by so they can give you some advice.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Phoebe Lupton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I went to another piercing place yesterday and had a man look at it and he just said it’s extremely swollen and it should go down soon
ax12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Phoebe Lupton)
I went to another piercing place yesterday and had a man look at it and he just said it’s extremely swollen and it should go down soon
You can use some ice to help with it and ibuprofen. If you’re worried about it being infected I’d seek further advice.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (641)
91.05%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (63)
8.95%

Watched Threads