Turn on thread page Beta

extremely swollen and painful helix piercing watch

ReputationRep:
    I got my helix pierced just over a week ago now and it’s been fine until I fell asleep on it and knocked it a couple of times. Since then my ear has been extremely swollen and painful to the point were the piercing looks like it’s being swollowed into my ear! I have been giving it salt water baths twice a day and been taking ibuprofen to stop swelling, but i am panicking abit and I am just looking for some more advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe Lupton)
    I got my helix pierced just over a week ago now and it’s been fine until I fell asleep on it and knocked it a couple of times. Since then my ear has been extremely swollen and painful to the point were the piercing looks like it’s being swollowed into my ear! I have been giving it salt water baths twice a day and been taking ibuprofen to stop swelling, but i am panicking abit and I am just looking for some more advice!
    You should be able to go back to the shop that you got it done by so they can give you some advice.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I went to another piercing place yesterday and had a man look at it and he just said it’s extremely swollen and it should go down soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe Lupton)
    I went to another piercing place yesterday and had a man look at it and he just said it’s extremely swollen and it should go down soon
    You can use some ice to help with it and ibuprofen. If you’re worried about it being infected I’d seek further advice.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.