Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a question but just a warning for students. I'm a first year at hull and went through loc8te me to find a place to live. At the start they seemed really helpful, but once me and my housemates had moved in, they where awful. My housemates where offered my room for a reduced rent as it was the smaller room, I was not offered this. We also didn't have heating or hot water for an avarage of 4 days a week for about a month. We paid extra to have a maintenance team available and they wouldn't come sort it out for a while. We also had problems with lights as they kept blowing and they refused to change them even though we couldn't reach the lights due to the high ceilings. My housemate was meant to have one changed in her room over Christmas they claimed they did it and never did, then told her to do it herself. Also one of my housemates had left her key in her room and because it was a Friday night after their open hours they wanted £30 from her to open her door, if she wanted them to open it for free she had to wait till the following Monday, even though they are meant to be available on a Saturday. They have messed me and my house mates a lot and when ever we make a compliant it has to be done though the websites complaints section, which doesn't work. We have notified them about problems but as the online complaint system doesn't work they don't see it as an official complaint.

Really would recommend looking at other letting agencies as I've heard way better things from other ones.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.