Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Just go and look fabulous, girlfriend.

I am not sure you have to take a date anyway, so your being gay is not an issue. It is the lack of friends. I suggest make up with your irritating friend or find a good excuse for not going. As others have said, proms are a relatively new development in the UK and many generations managed to go on with their adult life without having attended. You won't be torturing yourself if you should not attend.
    No one is obliged to take a date, but it would look odd without even a friend to go with. The "irritating" guy is more than irritating, he is simply a horrible person, and I don't plan to stay in contact with him post-school anyway (long story as to why I even speak to him).

I cannot take another year of school, but have nowhere else to go. 15 months of misery left.

ReputationRep:
    Just received the documentation for it this morning.
    Still really unsure whether or not to go.

ReputationRep:
    Nice

ReputationRep:
    Any advice? Should I go or not? If yes, what should I do? It's getting official now as I have the documentation for it.

ReputationRep:
    I went to prom this year in June, and noone went with a Date. Prom is just to have a laugh with your mates for the last time and just have some good fun dancing and stuff. Enjoy it, its a fun night
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbrdodd)
    I went to prom this year in June, and noone went with a Date. Prom is just to have a laugh with your mates for the last time and just have some good fun dancing and stuff. Enjoy it, its a fun night
    i haven't got any friends, and I know that some other people in my year are taking dates. If only I had a boyfriend and could take him.

ReputationRep:
    Still really unsure of what to do. I don't want to miss out, but at the same time, I don't think that it will do me any favours going.
    The teachers seem to really want me to go for some reason, but for someone like me, I can't see myself enjoying it.

Absolutely torn in two separate directions.

ReputationRep:
    Monday is pretty much the final deadline.
    Should I go or not? A girl asked me to go today but I declined (for obvious reasons).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I went alone and am gay, no-one cares if you have a date or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    I haven't got any friends to be with though, so will just be lonely.

ReputationRep:
    you go gurl!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Joe2001)
    I haven't got any friends to be with though, so will just be lonely.
    everyone just sort of mingles tbh, am sure you would find people to talk to and often teachers go so you could talk to them if you wanted, in some places you are also allowed an external guest (they have to pay for a ticket obviously) so maybe that might be an option for you
    don't feel pressured to go if you dont want to though

(Original post by Piece of hair)
    you go gurl!
    💁

ReputationRep:
    I just wish that I had a boyfriend to take with me. How do people actually get into relationships at high school?

ReputationRep:
    everyone just sort of mingles tbh, am sure you would find people to talk to and often teachers go so you could talk to them if you wanted, in some places you are also allowed an external guest (they have to pay for a ticket obviously) so maybe that might be an option for you
    don't feel pressured to go if you dont want to though
    I've seen pictures from the one last year and it seems as if people all had friends or partners. I wish that I had both, but have neither so a bit of a Catch 22 situation. I am split on whether or not to go as some are convincing me that I will be missing out.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.