Turn on thread page Beta

This week I've been hit hard with what I expect is the flu.

I won't be able to go to my lectures as I can't make it out of bed apart from to go to the toilet etc, so is it worth just going home until the weekend?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This week I've been hit hard with what I expect is the flu.

I won't be able to go to my lectures as I can't make it out of bed apart from to go to the toilet etc, so is it worth just going home until the weekend?
    If you're so ill that you can't get out of bed, are you even going to be well enough to travel home?

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    If you're so ill that you can't get out of bed, are you even going to be well enough to travel home?
    The only way I'll go home is if either of my parents are able to come and pick me up. Obviously any other mode of transport isn't possible right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The only way I'll go home is if either of my parents are able to come and pick me up. Obviously any other mode of transport isn't possible right now.
    To be honest, if you are still able to feed and hydrate yourself, and generally still do the bare minimum self-care, then I would say to stay where you are. Travelling (even by car) might set you back a bit, and you might not want to face going back after you recover.

If you really need help, maybe your parents could come to visit and take care of you a bit? It depends how far they would have to come though, I suppose.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.