Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I pull myself away? What do I do? watch

Announcements

I've been talking to this girl for about 3 months and she really is everything to me. She's sweet, kind, beautiful and thoughtful and I really feel as if I'm able to relate to her as a person and she cares about me as well.

It's been a rollercoaster of emotions though if that makes sense as even though we've talked everyday for 3 months, sometimes it feels as if she likes me and other times it feels as if she wants me gone. I'd genuinely do anything for her an would wait for her as long as she needed time to figure out what she wanted but it's so difficult for me and it hurts me as every time I feel like I'm losing her, my stomach just drops. She's all I think about and I know I'm in love with her and I don't know what to do.

For example, on Friday and Saturday we called and she said she'd be happy with me and liked me having there and wanted to see me but just yesterday she said she can't pretend anymore and wants space and it feels like a never-ending cycle in a sense and really plays with my mind.

It's probably better for me to just leave it but it's not that easy when you're so in love. I know she doesn't want to hurt me and I don't want to hurt her but it's probably not healthy for either of us to have this kind of relationship with each other as she just can't decide.

I don't want to be happy with anyone else and I like her so much and don't want to lose her but I have no idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I think your gut no's what the right thing to do is. As hard as it is, your probably best just leaving it. I no it doesn't seem like it but there is other people out there. Never say never with this current girl, maybe space is whats needed. You never no. xx

ReputationRep:
    Space might be the key in this situation. If she knows how you feel and what you want then that's all you can do. If you give each other space to think she might realise she does want the relationship and wants it to work which could be great or she does want to end things which although might be really tough and awful for a while , in the long term could also be great as you can't fake and pretend feelings and you might love her but if the love isn't returned you'll probably be in the same pain as you would be if things had just ended. From what you said, her changing mind just shows confusion. You've put your effort into the relationship, now it's up to her, if you stop trying and she starts trying then great but you stop and then she stops then maybe it's for the best. One sided relationships isn't healthy for either party.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.