Turn on thread page Beta

i'm strongly considering studying at middlesex university (fashion communication & styling) but i'm so confused on where to apply for accommodation.
    i'm thinking of unite halls but they're quite pricey and paying for transport to uni on top of that might be a bit much ;/

where is everyone thinking of applying?? and if you're already at mdx where is your accommodation?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by baileyjoy)
    i'm strongly considering studying at middlesex university (fashion communication & styling) but i'm so confused on where to apply for accommodation.
    i'm thinking of unite halls but they're quite pricey and paying for transport to uni on top of that might be a bit much ;/

where is everyone thinking of applying?? and if you're already at mdx where is your accommodation?

Morning!

I am currently studying at Middlesex and I lived in the halls on my first year
    I lived in ivy halls which was cheaper but I had to get a bus to go to campus.
    It really depends on what you are looking for. Usher Halls is just in front of the uni, which means that you just have to cross the road to go to your lectures. Platt halls and Writtle House is 15 minutes walk away and it is well known for the parties.
    Ivy halls has got bigger rooms and it is a bit closer to the centre (with the bus 189 you can get to Oxford street in half an hour), while Unite Halls is more expensive but also very very pretty and new!
    So really, it depends on what you are looking for

Hope it helps!
    Have a great day
    Ludovica

ReputationRep:
    hey ! same problem for me, i'm thinking Usher halls for now because of the proximity !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 20, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.