Turn on thread page Beta

Hey all!

I hope you are well. I wanted to ask if anyone knows any first aid courses I can do in London please? I have tried st John Ambulance numerous times but there prices are ridiculous. I know someone that got there's done by them for £25 recently. Though I searched and I got quoted £250 instead. I would appreciate any advice that is given.

Thanks for your time and replies. Have a great half term and week.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey all!

I hope you are well. I wanted to ask if anyone knows any first aid courses I can do in London please? I have tried st John Ambulance numerous times but there prices are ridiculous. I know someone that got there's done by them for £25 recently. Though I searched and I got quoted £250 instead. I would appreciate any advice that is given.

Bump.

Groupon (http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/first...urce=undefined)

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what qualification you want at the end of it, there are so many different levels.

(Original post by Drewski)
    Depends on what qualification you want at the end of it, there are so many different levels.
    Thank you for your reply.

I want to qualify as a general first aider. I've looked for the work one but that is also expensive according to St John's Ambulance. My workplace don't do first aid courses or fund for it even so that's not an option unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply.

I want to qualify as a general first aider. I've looked for the work one but that is also expensive according to St John's Ambulance. My workplace don't do first aid courses or fund for it even so that's not an option unfortunately.
    When you say "qualify"... Qualify for what? Again, there are so many different levels out there.

I teach cadets to do the "heart start" course, the absolute basics, but that's still a first aid qualification, and then I also have the First Aid at Work qualification. But neither of these really mean anything and you could just as easily be self taught.

If you want something that you can use in the workplace, that is recognised, you're going to have to spend money.

When you say "qualify"... Qualify for what? Again, there are so many different levels out there.

I teach cadets to do the "heart start" course, the absolute basics, but that's still a first aid qualification, and then I also have the First Aid at Work qualification. But neither of these really mean anything and you could just as easily be self taught.

If you want something that you can use in the workplace, that is recognised, you're going to have to spend money.
    I don't mind spending money but to get quoted £385 for a three day course with st John's Ambulance is ridiculous. I've already self studied the course at hand but I need it recognised as in certification format. Please do let me know if there's any cheaper alternative for the first aid course. Thank you.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind spending money but to get quoted £385 for a three day course with st John's Ambulance is ridiculous. I've already self studied the course at hand but I need it recognised as in certification format. Please do let me know if there's any cheaper alternative for the first aid course. Thank you.
    Why is it? They're lending their credibility on you by certifying that you're up to a set standard, making themselves responsible, in a way, for your actions. Only fair that they charge for that.
    And the courses aren't cheap to run.

First aid is a serious thing. Trying to do it on the cheap isn't really a good sign.

And on an entirely separate note, why the hell do you need to be anonymous to ask this question?

Alternative is to join St John Ambulance as a member - they cover your training and revalidation and in return you will have to volunteer to provide first aid at events (upside is you see events such as football for free!)

Hey all!

Let me know how your search goes as i am in the same situation, looking for ac reedited first aid courses i can use in the work place/ in general.

Why is it? They're lending their credibility on you by certifying that you're up to a set standard, making themselves responsible, in a way, for your actions. Only fair that they charge for that.
    And the courses aren't cheap to run.

First aid is a serious thing. Trying to do it on the cheap isn't really a good sign.

And on an entirely separate note, why the hell do you need to be anonymous to ask this question?
    Thank you I'll book it with SJA. Because I have stalkers on this site so I had to resort to anon.

Alternative is to join St John Ambulance as a member - they cover your training and revalidation and in return you will have to volunteer to provide first aid at events (upside is you see events such as football for free!)
    Thank you. I'll give that a go!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I'll book it with SJA. Because I have stalkers on this site so I had to resort to anon.
    Mine are through the Red Cross, worth comparing.

(Original post by Blackstarr)
    Let me know how your search goes as i am in the same situation, looking for ac reedited first aid courses i can use in the work place/ in general.
    Believe it or not I've been trying to look for first aid courses for years. It's been on my mind ever since but the prices just put me off.

I will let you know if I find an alternative.

Mine are through the Red Cross, worth comparing.
    Thank you. I heard they do it for free?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I heard they do it for free?
    Not any course that 'means' something, they won't.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    http://www.londonambulance.nhs.uk/ab...ampaign=buffer

ReputationRep:
    Most first aid courses are full of antiquated and redundant advice that doesn’t go beyond common sense.

Unless you’re intending on doing voluntary first aid work (in which case it should be free), you’re better off just finding a basic CPR course.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!

You could try contacting Babcock int (training dept) to see if they do accredited standard first aid for the private sector. Dunno if they do but it's worth a try.

Do you want just standard first aid training with difib?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.