Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have asked this question before and was told I can receive mire information once loan applications start.
    I am an EU student currently in my second year of university, however I am looking to quit my course and start again at another university ( starting with the 2018/2019 academic year). I am well aware that I will not receive student funding for my first year at university because I have already studied 2 years. However, EU students that start in 2018/2019 have been guaranteed to receive student loan and pay the same student fees for the whole duration of their course. My question is, if I start my course in the next academic year ( 2019/2019 ), but do not receive student finance support, will that mean that I am guaranteed the student loan for my 2nd and 3rd year as well?
    Technically I will be starting my course in 2018/2019, but I will get student finance starting with 2019/2020 (when it is unsure if EU students will still be eligible to funding), which makes the situation a bit confusing.

Thank you for your time.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by mihaisandu)
    Hello,

I have asked this question before and was told I can receive mire information once loan applications start.
    I am an EU student currently in my second year of university, however I am looking to quit my course and start again at another university ( starting with the 2018/2019 academic year). I am well aware that I will not receive student funding for my first year at university because I have already studied 2 years. However, EU students that start in 2018/2019 have been guaranteed to receive student loan and pay the same student fees for the whole duration of their course. My question is, if I start my course in the next academic year ( 2019/2019 ), but do not receive student finance support, will that mean that I am guaranteed the student loan for my 2nd and 3rd year as well?
    Technically I will be starting my course in 2018/2019, but I will get student finance starting with 2019/2020 (when it is unsure if EU students will still be eligible to funding), which makes the situation a bit confusing.

Thank you for your time.
    Hi mihaisandu,

All students are entitled to the duration of their new course including an additional year minus any previous study 3 + 1 = 4 - 2 = 2 years of funding available this means that you will not receive funding for the 1st year of the new course but will continue to receive the funding for the 2nd and 3rd year.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi mihaisandu,

All students are entitled to the duration of their new course including an additional year minus any previous study 3 + 1 = 4 - 2 = 2 years of funding available this means that you will not receive funding for the 1st year of the new course but will continue to receive the funding for the 2nd and 3rd year.

Thanks

Catherine
    Thank you for the reply Catherine,

So assuming that after Brexit, EU students do not receive funding starting with 2019/2020 academical year, will I still be eligible for finance because my course started in 2018, even if receive funding only from 2019?
    Just wanted to clarify because I do not want to start the course without being sure I can get help to finish it.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by mihaisandu)
    Thank you for the reply Catherine,

So assuming that after Brexit, EU students do not receive funding starting with 2019/2020 academical year, will I still be eligible for finance because my course started in 2018, even if receive funding only from 2019?
    Just wanted to clarify because I do not want to start the course without being sure I can get help to finish it.
    Hi mihaisandu,

As Brexit has not been finalised we cannot comment further on this.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi mihaisandu,

As Brexit has not been finalised we cannot comment further on this.

Thanks

Catherine
    Hi Catherine,
    Thank you again for the answer, I was just hoping that because EU students that begin their course in 2018/2019 were guaranteed funding for the whole duration of the course no matter what happens after Brexit, that would mean I am guaranteed too, because I start my course in 2018/2019, but the funding in 2019/2020.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.