Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for UWE Bristol, interview tomorrow for Paramedic Sciences (eek!) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on finances/bursaries/scholarships available? I'm Welsh, and already have one degree so have already had my student loan, but there isn't a whole lot of info on the internet about funding opportunities . Does anyone have any experience with this?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MiniGuzPruz9)
    I'm applying for UWE Bristol, interview tomorrow for Paramedic Sciences (eek!) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on finances/bursaries/scholarships available? I'm Welsh, and already have one degree so have already had my student loan, but there isn't a whole lot of info on the internet about funding opportunities . Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Difficult as undergrad scholarships are few and far between. The uni will have its own funding pages and maybe your dept will have some funding too. Otherwise maybe consider a career development loan if you are eligible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Difficult as undergrad scholarships are few and far between. The uni will have its own funding pages and maybe your dept will have some funding too. Otherwise maybe consider a career development loan if you are eligible?
    Yeah that's what I thought. It's tricky because English students studying in England are eligible for a second loan for a second degree, but a Welsh student studying in England isn't. A career development loan sounds interesting though, I'll definitely look into that, thanks for the advice!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah that's what I thought. It's tricky because English students studying in England are eligible for a second loan for a second degree
    Really? That's not something I've heard of.

And you're welcome

ReputationRep:
    Really? That's not something I've heard of.

And you're welcome
    Apparently so, I was looking into it last night, although I'm not sure if it's restricted to healthcare students. But I found out as well that NHS England has withdrawn all funding for studies for 2018 which is sad :/ Luckily the Welsh NHS still funds tuition fees and can provide bursaries for living costs too if you agree to work in Wales for 2 years after you qualify. I don't know about Scotland or Northern Ireland though.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Apparently so, I was looking into it last night, although I'm not sure if it's restricted to healthcare students. But I found out as well that NHS England has withdrawn all funding for studies for 2018 which is sad :/ Luckily the Welsh NHS still funds tuition fees and can provide bursaries for living costs too if you agree to work in Wales for 2 years after you qualify. I don't know about Scotland or Northern Ireland though.
    That's why I was surprised. There are only very specific situations in which you can get funding for a second degree and it may be limited. Here you go if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    That's why I was surprised. There are only very specific situations in which you can get funding for a second degree and it may be limited. Here you go if you're interested.
    Thanks for the link! This is one of the info pages I found about different funding opportunites.

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.