Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, I am an Eu citizen living in the uk since 2014 I am applying for the student loan and I was asked to provide evidence of how I supported myself for the last 3 years. I have found the evidence fact sheet but I'm still not sure what I should provide other than my passport. p60? payslips? I wish the pdf was more clearer.

Thank youu
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Georgetteledoux)
    Hello there, I am an Eu citizen living in the uk since 2014 I am applying for the student loan and I was asked to provide evidence of how I supported myself for the last 3 years. I have found the evidence fact sheet but I'm still not sure what I should provide other than my passport. p60? payslips? I wish the pdf was more clearer.

Thank youu
    Hi Georgetteledoux,

Are you applying as a Migrant Worker?

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    Hello Catherine,
    I'm not sure. I moved in the UK to work when I was 18 and stayed in that job for 3 years I quit recently so to answer the question I have been supporting myself financially in the uk for 3 years,
    I hope that helps.

Thank you for your help

Giorgia
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello Catherine,
    I'm not sure. I moved in the UK to work when I was 18 and stayed in that job for 3 years I quit recently so to answer the question I have been supporting myself financially in the uk for 3 years,
    I hope that helps.

Thank you for your help

Giorgia
    Hi Giorgia,

For EU/EEA nationals to be eligible for student finance, they have to be resident in the UK for 5 years before the first day of the first academic year of your course.

However, if you're and EU national and you've been resident for 3 years before the first day of the first academic year of the course, and you are working, you can apply as a Migrant Worker.

To apply as a Migrant Worker, you'd need to send your ID, employment contract, a letter from the HR department or your manager confirming the hours and terms are accurate, your most recent p60 and the 3 months payslips before the start of the course.

We would only ask for evidence of how you supported yourself for 3 years if you are applying as independent student, meaning we wouldn't need your parents financial details.

I'd recommend contacting us on Facebook or Twitter, someone there can access your account and give you a definite answer on what evidence you need to send.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

ReputationRep:
    hello John,
    I have worked for 3 years in the UK until December 2017.
    At the moment I am unemployed and looking for work, which documents should I send for my application?

kind regards,

Giorgia
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    hello John,
    I have worked for 3 years in the UK until December 2017.
    At the moment I am unemployed and looking for work, which documents should I send for my application?

kind regards,

Giorgia
    Hi Giorgia,

When does your course start?

Thank you,

John.

ReputationRep:
    Hello John,
    It starts in Sept 2018.

Thank you,
    Giorgia
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello John,
    It starts in Sept 2018.

Thank you,
    Giorgia
    Hi Giorgia,

Thanks for answering that.

It sounds like you'd be eligible for Migrant Worker funding, but the evidence you've mentioned is for becoming and independent student.

I'd say the best thing to do is call us on 0300 100 0607, someone there can access your account directly and give you a definite answer.

Kind regards,

John.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.