Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have received an update from the Hatfield Association Of Rail Travellers ( HART) of weekend engineering work starting 18th Feb with buses for trains replacements / and or amended train timetables on the Kings Cross - Hatfield- Stevenage line, mostly very late Sat. nights & all Sundays.

No point me reiterating what the bulletin says- apart from the weekends concerned: no trains all day on Sundays 18th Feb, 04, 11,18 & 25th March, Saturdays 24th Feb & 03rd March. Go to www.hatfieldrail.com for definitive details. One interesting point though is that it mentions the new timetables for the direct cross-London service which commence in May from Hatfield will be published from the 25th Feb.

Note the replacement buses are to call at Cockfosters underground (end station, Piccadilly Line), useful for students who can use the underground from / to there.
    I also understand from perusing the bulletin that arrangements have been agreed with TfL (Transport for London) for holders of Great Northern Railway tickets to be accepted at Cockfosters, Oakwood, Southgate, Arnos Grove & Bounds Green

Michelle- I obtained a copy of the draft proposed timetable from the OTC for the UNO 653 service, and yes, Tesco will be included on all services including Suns/B.hols.Hopefully this will work out ok- although Oldings Corner ( the Tesco roundabout ) is very much subject to the vagaries of traffic congestion.

Finally-
    On a very devastating and sad note: no doubt many of you, in particular the UH SU, will have known of Councillor & Welwyn-Hatfield Mayor Lynne Sparks who not only did a tremendous amount of good while as a councillor, but was both a champion of, frequent visitor and guest at UH functions.

Sadly and unexpectedly she passed away last weekend. I got to know Lynne very well some years ago when she came on board when we were trying to mitigate against some of the worst proposed evening/Sunday B.hol. bus cuts.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.