Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I looked on the LLB undergrad law requirements for Bristol uni and GCSE's weren't a specified requirement on there, I'm not sure if I missed something? \

However, I have done my IGCSE's (from South Africa, I'm half British) and as I'm taking my gap year I was looking to do my A levels in Shanghai China which is where I will be residing for the rest of the year. I wondered whether I should redo my IGCSE's there as the exams I did in South Africa were not thorough at all and honestly I did not receive my desired marks.

Is that necessary for Bristol Law, or should I just worry about my A levels and leave my IGCSE's as is?
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Hi there,
    I've moved your thread to the University of Bristol forum where hopefully someone will be able to answer your question

Although there are no specific GCSE requirements, the Uni will 'score' your GCSE profile, and for a competitive course like Law, any extra points could make the difference between getting an offer or not. So ..... it can be worth retaking something like English Language to up the grade if you can. If you look in the Admissions Statement (link at the bottom of the course page on the website) it tells you what % of the overall score GCSEs count for.
    PS. You will need to do LNAT - you should be able to do it in China, check the LNAT website.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.