Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I failed my third year dissertation and was withdrawn even though I passed everything in my nursing course Birmingham City University let me walk away with nothing but awards not recognised by anyone else. Anyone else experienced anything similar ? It’s been depressing knowing that I worked so hard and failing by 2 % on one assignment suggests that I can’t be a nurse anymore.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Tasha111)
    I failed my third year dissertation and was withdrawn even though I passed everything in my nursing course Birmingham City University let me walk away with nothing but awards not recognised by anyone else. Anyone else experienced anything similar ? It’s been depressing knowing that I worked so hard and failing by 2 % on one assignment suggests that I can’t be a nurse anymore.
    Unfortunately that is the case in every university as far as I am aware. They feel it is better to give you some recognition of your time there than send you away with nothing to show for it. It won't be recognised elsewhere as it isn't a qualification in its own right.

Assuming you've tried to appeal and asked for a remark, there is little you can do. Some universities will let you sit your failed year again, but that really is at their discretion and depends how many spaces they have in the next cohort.

ReputationRep:
    Not in every uni my friend failed her dissertation and was awarded a degree without honours she is working now as a nurse so did my auntie but she was studying something else

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.