Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to university later in life to study my profession and realized that have several years work experience I was already ahead of my peers so I opted to go straight to an MA instead of completing my last year.

I now want to do a PGCE but am worried about the lack of undergrad degree (the worst thing is I was only 60 credits off the undergrad degree) but I have a good MA.

Do you think that I may be able to explain my circumstances and get away with it?

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know it's not possible without an undergrad. Best emailing some unis and asking I guess?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe contact some Schools Direct providers as they tend to take on people with experience, and your masters might be enough if it's in a secondary subject.
    Not sure about primary.

ReputationRep:
    You might be able to do a post 16 post grad diploma which gives you QTLSstatus... could be worth looking into.

ReputationRep:
    I have a 3yr vocational diploma and an MA (distinction).

I have an offer for PGDE primary in Glasgow.

It probably depends on what your subject is, but it’s definitely possible!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.