Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Possible to do a PGCE without an undergraduate degree? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I went to university later in life to study my profession and realized that have several years work experience I was already ahead of my peers so I opted to go straight to an MA instead of completing my last year.

I now want to do a PGCE but am worried about the lack of undergrad degree (the worst thing is I was only 60 credits off the undergrad degree) but I have a good MA.

Do you think that I may be able to explain my circumstances and get away with it?

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know it's not possible without an undergrad. Best emailing some unis and asking I guess?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe contact some Schools Direct providers as they tend to take on people with experience, and your masters might be enough if it's in a secondary subject.
    Not sure about primary.

ReputationRep:
    You might be able to do a post 16 post grad diploma which gives you QTLSstatus... could be worth looking into.

ReputationRep:
    I have a 3yr vocational diploma and an MA (distinction).

I have an offer for PGDE primary in Glasgow.

It probably depends on what your subject is, but it’s definitely possible!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.