Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have started my course in September 2017, and I applied for finance in October (the courses actually started on 3rd October). My application was accepted in January and I took the letter of confirmation to university. But there I was told that I did not mention the campus name next to the university name, so they have to submit a change of circumstances form. Yesterday I got the new letter with the updated details, but it’s still showing “awaiting confirmation”. I’ve already talked to the finance team at the uni and they said I still have to wait 10-15 working days from the date on the letter for the payments to be released.

I was thinking they should have submitted the confirmation of attendance along with the change of circumstances, but they told me this is done automatically and that I have to wait.

Is it anything wrong here? What should I do? It’s already been 4 months since I first applied.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Alex17DK)
    I have started my course in September 2017, and I applied for finance in October (the courses actually started on 3rd October). My application was accepted in January and I took the letter of confirmation to university. But there I was told that I did not mention the campus name next to the university name, so they have to submit a change of circumstances form. Yesterday I got the new letter with the updated details, but it’s still showing “awaiting confirmation”. I’ve already talked to the finance team at the uni and they said I still have to wait 10-15 working days from the date on the letter for the payments to be released.

I was thinking they should have submitted the confirmation of attendance along with the change of circumstances, but they told me this is done automatically and that I have to wait.

Is it anything wrong here? What should I do? It’s already been 4 months since I first applied.
    Hi Alex17DK,

When the status is 'Awaiting Confirmation' it normally means your payments are approved and the university just need to send the confirmation of registration.

Since the change on your application, have you been sent a new letter of entitlement?

Thank you,

John.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John B SFE)
    Hi Alex17DK,

When the status is 'Awaiting Confirmation' it normally means your payments are approved and the university just need to send the confirmation of registration.

Since the change on your application, have you been sent a new letter of entitlement?

Thank you,

John.
    Yes, I’ve received it yesterday (it showed up in my online account). But I haven’t received it yet in post, though.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Alex17DK)
    Yes, I’ve received it yesterday (it showed up in my online account). But I haven’t received it yet in post, though.
    Hi Alex17DK,

Thanks for answering that.

That means the change has went through and it's been approved with the update.

In that case I'd recommend speaking with university again as their system should also be updated and they should be able to send the confirmation. I can't guarantee that they'll do it as they may have a process that needs to be followed, but I'd definitely contact them and request if it's possible.

Kind regards,

John.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.