Turn on thread page Beta

Can I take a gap year and study another course whilst doing medicine? watch

ReputationRep:
    I would like to have a short break from medicine and study other subjects for a brief period of time (i.e. mathematics, physics or computing).

ReputationRep:
    you can usually intercalate between 4th nd 5th year. however usually it's to take a master's in something relevant but you'll need to ask your course directors etc.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kushala Daora)
    I would like to have a short break from medicine and study other subjects for a brief period of time (i.e. mathematics, physics or computing).
    You can interrupt but need to have a good reason for doing so (usually health or extenuating circumstances related) but not to go off to do something else and I ca't imagine you'd get finance for that either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    You can interrupt but need to have a good reason for doing so (usually health or extenuating circumstances related) but not to go off to do something else and I ca't imagine you'd get finance for that either.
    Oh well that's a shame....
    I was told by one of my relatives that it was possible, I can't remember of the name of this procedure...
    Basically it had something to do with studying a course you're interested in whilst your primary course. We were talking about Oxbridge, however, so it might only apply to those.
    Does this sound familiar to you? I am dying to remember what he called it....
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Oh well that's a shame....
    I was told by one of my relatives that it was possible, I can't remember of the name of this procedure...
    Basically it had something to do with studying a course you're interested in whilst your primary course. We were talking about Oxbridge, however, so it might only apply to those.
    Does this sound familiar to you? I am dying to remember what he called it....
    They could be talking about intercalating but that is still part of and relevant to your degree and career. It is optional and isn't only available at Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    They could be talking about intercalating but that is still part of and relevant to your degree and career. It is optional and isn't only available at Oxbridge.
    Right, so can you give me a brief description on what I can or can't choose?
    Isn't maths, physics or computing applicable with medicine?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Right, so can you give me a brief description on what I can or can't choose?
    Isn't maths, physics or computing applicable with medicine?
    Not quite. More like something life sciences related or medical education or medical physics, bioinformatics. Maybe do some of your own research as well. This is your future.

ReputationRep:
    Not quite. More like something life sciences related or medical education or medical physics, bioinformatics. Maybe do some of your own research as well. This is your future.
    Oh...that's a shame....

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.