Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I've been really struggling with my illustration course for the last 4 months. I've missed most of my taught sessions and am extremely behind on work. I have been very down for a while and i've had 0 motivation and oversleeping. I keep meaning to go to a counsellor at my university but wimp out every time. I'm not sure whether to just get to it and work on things i don't enjoy and feel like i cant do. See what my options are and possibly change course, or drop out altogether. I'm worried ill be the same on another course and worried about my job prospects if i drop out. Any advice welcome please, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    What reasons are making you miss your classes? I would definitely recommend talking to someone at your university - they can refer you to the right people or give you more information on available options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    What reasons are making you miss your classes? I would definitely recommend talking to someone at your university - they can refer you to the right people or give you more information on available options.
    I think the main issue is over sleeping, which causes me to run late then the anxiety of going into the room late makes me not want to go.. and i'm just stuck in a circle. I also didn't move away for uni, i live at home and drive into town (around 40 mins) and then a 10 minute walk from where i park. Which also ruins my motivation.

I'm definitely planning to talk to someone at the university this week. Thanks!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.