Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

29 year old virgin has become pregnant watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    A Canadian woman has become pregnant despite never having sexual intercourse. "Lauren" turned to a fertility clinic and was artificially inseminated. She stated that dating felt "pointless" to her as she would often receive comments on her dating profiles like "Do you want to come sit on my face"

You read the full story here.

What do you make of this? Do you think it is empowering? Do you think this will become more common in years to come?

ReputationRep:
    ahh i hate it when it's a slow news day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    A Canadian woman has become pregnant despite never having sexual intercourse. "Lauren" turned to a fertility clinic and was artificially inseminated. She stated that dating felt "pointless" to her as she would often receive comments on her dating profiles like "Do you want to come sit on my face"

You read the full story here.

What do you make of this? Do you think it is empowering? Do you think this will become more common in years to come?
    Certainly a good way to do it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Woah!

This is just madness.

There should only be one virgin Mary!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Her choice. As said slow news day.

ReputationRep:
    She might regret that when it comes to giving birth, though i guess she might go the full monty in terms of medical intervention and have a caesarean.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Each to their own, I guess. If she wanted a kid and wanted to take this route, then fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    She might wish that she took up the face offer, after the hours of sleepless nights she is going to have looking after a child by herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    She might regret that when it comes to giving birth, though i guess she might go the full monty in terms of medical intervention and have a caesarean.
    Wouldn't be surprising considering more than 1 in 4 Canadian births is already by C-section.

Rate is even higher than that in the US and is rising quickly all across the Western world.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think shes probably fibbing about being a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why you would deliberatly choose to be a single parent :lolwut:

But I guess if you thought that was the onyl way you could get a child it probably makes sense.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.