Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a college interview soon for a pre-access GCSE programme, which leads onto an access course.
    What do I need for the interview?
    What will happen?
    It isn't like a university interview I'm sure, but I'm anxious and could do with some advice.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by bookishvegan)
    I have a college interview soon for a pre-access GCSE programme, which leads onto an access course.
    What do I need for the interview?
    What will happen?
    It isn't like a university interview I'm sure, but I'm anxious and could do with some advice.
    They will just want to know who you are and why you want to do the course?

What motivates you?
    Why didnt you do so well previously?
    Will you take it seriously and work hard?
    Will you be a good student?
    What do you want to do after?

If you are mature and did poorly at school then you cab say you realise you didnt do as well as you ought to have done, but now understand the importance of education and pre access is where it starts.

Give the impression you know why you want to do the curse there and you are worth teaching.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got any certificates etc because it's been a while since I did my GCSE's. I'm really worried about this, but worst comes to worst I'll offer to get copies. It's been 10 years since I've needed them. I'll let you know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Don't lose sleep about the interview Just remember that they aren't looking to trip you up; they're just making sure that the places available on the course are going to the right people. They'll want to know that the opportunity isn't going to get wasted by somebody who is likely to struggle or give up halfway through. As long as you can convince them you're serious about the course, that you're able and willing to learn, have some goals in mind and a bit of ambition to succeed, then that should be enough.

If you're worried about the certificates, the best thing is to phone up and talk to them about it. It's probably a box-ticking exercise, but you can always try to talk your way around it. The exam boards will most likely still hold on to your records anyway since those are usually kept forever (They probably won't give you replacements for the original certificates though, it's usually a sheet of paper which confirms your grades).

ReputationRep:
    It was great. I confirmed my details,my qualifications and the details/workload of the course and made sure I'm available to do it.
    I start September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookishvegan)
    It was great. I confirmed my details,my qualifications and the details/workload of the course and made sure I'm available to do it.
    I start September.
    Congratulations!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.