The Student Room Group

applied foe both student finance & NHS bursary

I'm really confused!! I've applied for the student finance and I'm in the middle of gathering my evidence.
This morning I also applied for the NHS bursary. I start 2018, mental health nurse. I applied because I thought I had to. Now I'm unsure if it is going to affect my student loan.
Is student finance the only form of financial help for mental health nursing or is there more? Any advice would be awesome! Thankyou
Reply 1
bump
Original post by Punkypunk
I'm really confused!! I've applied for the student finance and I'm in the middle of gathering my evidence.
This morning I also applied for the NHS bursary. I start 2018, mental health nurse. I applied because I thought I had to. Now I'm unsure if it is going to affect my student loan.
Is student finance the only form of financial help for mental health nursing or is there more? Any advice would be awesome! Thankyou

Hi Punkypunk,

Are you applying to undertake a new nursing degree from 2018/19 or are you already registered and just now undertaking Mental Health Nursing?

It is possible for healthcare professionals registered in their particular area to study another degree in a different healthcare area. For example, a registered adult nurse could study a psychiatric nursing or podiatry and receive funding from Student Finance England.

Thanks Rona

I didn't think that the NHS bursary was being offered anymore?

Hi Punkypunk,

The Government have recently announced that from 2017/18 AY new students studying Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional (AHP) courses will no longer receive bursary funding from the NHS and will instead receive regular Student Finance England (SFE) support in the same manner as students studying non-NHS courses.

It is possible for healthcare professionals registered in their particular area to study another degree in a different healthcare area. For example, a registered adult nurse could study a psychiatric nursing or podiatry and receive funding from SFE

Can you confirm if you are a new student applying from the 2017/18 academic year?

Regards Rona

Hi Punkypunk,

The NHS bursary is only available in Wales now for students commencing study in March/April 2018. My understanding is, that for any courses commencing after this date, a new student finance loan will be available for students. The funding ended for bursaries in England in 2017, however Wales had an additional intake date; being March/April 2018. It's best to contact the bursary provider for your area before wasting your time completing forms etc., just in case :smile: Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending