Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone!

Ok so, my original Extended Essay research question was "How are the common themes of betrayal and love portrayed differently in the Shakespearean comedy “A Midsummer’s Night Dream” when compared to the tragedy “King Lear.” However, my adviser said that it was too narrow for an EE and I should compare two different playwrights instead. I'm not really interested in going outside of Shakespeare, so I have decided to completely change my topic.

I'm still sticking to English Literature, but I think I'm leaning towards novels instead. This is where I need help. I really want to do something with "A Thousand Splendid Suns" since it's a beautiful book, relates to me personally, and I haven't seen it used in any Extended Essays so far. Besides that, I don't really know which direction I should go in. A little guidance or some suggestions would be helpful and much appreciated.

Also, if my original topic could be somehow be salvaged, I'd be incredibly grateful for that.

Thank you so much!

Update: I did some research and I'm considering maybe comparing "A Thousand Splendid Suns" with "The ******* of Istanbul." Lemme know what you think! Thanks!
What's the best type of cheese?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.