The Student Room Group

Revision

I have made a timetable to revise yesterday I did 8+ hours of work however today I extended my break and procrastinated which ate up my study plan.I have lost motivation and became so tired and I do not know what to do as the guilt is too much.I feel I will not complete revsion with my mocks looming very soon in two weeks with six science exams,four english exams and the pressure is increasing. I need tips on how to recover and how can I limit myself when preparing for these exams.If you are going to answer I would like you to share your past grades,your experiences when are you going to revise or if you are already revising when did you start.
Don't do 8 hours of work in a day! My sister is revising for her mocks at the moment, and she has short 30 minute sessions for each subject. She has a list of all the sessions for each subject that she needs to do before her mocks, and ticks off each one once she has done it. She did between 2 and 4 hours of work yesterday, and will continue to do so until her exam. This technique is much more effective than studying for 8 hours one day and not at all the next, because she will remember the information better if the revision is done in short bursts than if it is in large chunks. I would also advise you to put on a timer whilst you are having a break (say 5/10 minutes), and as soon as the timer goes off, get straight back to work! Good luck with the mocks:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by tooschool4cool
Don't do 8 hours of work in a day! My sister is revising for her mocks at the moment, and she has short 30 minute sessions for each subject. She has a list of all the sessions for each subject that she needs to do before her mocks, and ticks off each one once she has done it. She did between 2 and 4 hours of work yesterday, and will continue to do so until her exam. This technique is much more effective than studying for 8 hours one day and not at all the next, because she will remember the information better if the revision is done in short bursts than if it is in large chunks. I would also advise you to put on a timer whilst you are having a break (say 5/10 minutes), and as soon as the timer goes off, get straight back to work! Good luck with the mocks:smile:

Thanks for the reply I'm aware of that however there is so much I need to cover but I will try to break it into small chunks.Don't get me wrong I just don't read from a textbook for 8 hours, I'm not a zombie.I watch a lot of videos however if I do two hours I don't know what to do with the remaining 10 hours of the day so if I do something else I feel guilty afterwards.I wish your sister well in her exams, have you already done your exams?If you have tell me your experiences and also how you did?
Original post by ab6790
Thanks for the reply I'm aware of that however there is so much I need to cover but I will try to break it into small chunks.Don't get me wrong I just don't read from a textbook for 8 hours, I'm not a zombie.I watch a lot of videos however if I do two hours I don't know what to do with the remaining 10 hours of the day so if I do something else I feel guilty afterwards.I wish your sister well in her exams, have you already done your exams?If you have tell me your experiences and also how you did?

No I haven't done my exams, but I hope you do well in yours! Good luck:smile:

Quick Reply