Turn on thread page Beta

Law work experience! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Year 12 student currently trying to get work experience at a solicitors firm. I live in the North so it'd be amazing if I could get a placement in a big firm from Leeds or Manchester, but I'm aware of how difficult it is just to get a high-street solicitor to take you on.
    Anybody else in the same boat? Any advice from someone who's already done it?
    If anyone knows about work experience schemes or the likes from firms please let me know.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by whoisme)
    I'm a Year 12 student currently trying to get work experience at a solicitors firm. I live in the North so it'd be amazing if I could get a placement in a big firm from Leeds or Manchester, but I'm aware of how difficult it is just to get a high-street solicitor to take you on.
    Anybody else in the same boat? Any advice from someone who's already done it?
    If anyone knows about work experience schemes or the likes from firms please let me know.
    You need to make a good application and send out as many as you can i.e it requires work. they will be inundated, so dont just apply to big firms. Any legal experience in advice giving places is good. Get your careers teacher to check.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.