Turn on thread page Beta

Stephen Fry on TSR! watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Stephen Fry, what can schools do to better educate youngsters about mental health and the seriousness of the impact that bullying has on individuals suffering from a mental illness?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How do you think the long NHS waiting lists for mental health services can be combated

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of the current POTUS Mr Donald J Trump and the direction he wants to take the country in?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thanks for taking the time out of your day to answer some questions!

What would you say is the greatest challenge you've encountered in your life/career and how did you overcome it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Stephen Fry)
    I will be answering them now!

- Stephen Fry
    Nope I dont believe it, you could just be random user posting a image of Stephen Fry as your profile pic and claiming you are thee 'Stephen Fry'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Nope I dont believe it, you could just be random user posting a image of Stephen Fry as your profile pic and claiming you are thee 'Stephen Fry'
    I would imagine so. Nothing on any of his social media about this and TSR aren't blasting this forum across the website/haven't been advertising on the scale you would expect for a big name like this. But oh well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    i did think this :beard: arent celebrity users usually verified in some way, university accounts usually have 'official rep' next to their name

I personally think that prioritising more serious mental health issues can help with this issue. But that should also be compromised with the amount of hours the patient is waiting, since now days the four hour waiting threshold is being exceeded.

- Stephen Fry
    four hours? the wait is more like months to see a psychiatrist
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CrazyPantha27)
    I would imagine so. Nothing on any of his social media about this and TSR aren't blasting this forum across the website/haven't been advertising on the scale you would expect for a big name like this. But oh well.
    Exactly like something on his twitter would say 'On TSR come ask questions and I will answer' like wtf atleast try and be realistic

ReputationRep:
    When you were diagnosed with bipolar did you ever think that was basically the end? You'd never amount to anything and should just give up? I feel that way a lot, like people around me no longer expect me to do well and be successful because of my mental health diagnosis. How do you not give up?

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Fry, what are your thoughts on the Oxfam scandal?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Idk why but whenever he talks he comes off as a bit of a pretentious...

ReputationRep:
    what is your favroute TV show or movie that you( Steven fry) have been in?

ReputationRep:
    What is your ideal date?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Stephen.
    What was it like working on the Fable games?

ReputationRep:
    If you had to choose from now on between strictly acting roles , or presenting roles, which would you pick (and why)?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi Stephen,
    Which was your favourite ever episode of QI (this must be a tricky one!) :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Would you ever come to my school for a talk?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    First of all Stephen, welcome to TSR and am a massive fan of your work in Blackadder (Duke of Wellington / General Melchett FTW) + Jeeves and Wooster (I may be in my 20s but appreciate 80s humour).

I have no idea if there is a question limit for this thing (I am aware this sentence can be perceived as a question but I am using it as a semi-rhetorical question) but Ill ask my 2 questions anyway:

As a fellow techie, do you feel that Apple is deliberately restricting features on their products in order to drive up aftermarket accesory sales?

and how do you see technology progressing in the next 5 years and its impact on daily lives?

ReputationRep:
    Never let this put you down. Yes, it is hard to live with bipolar, and I actually had a less serious one known as cyclothymia. As long as you follow your passion, you are able to achieve anything. I never thought my disorder would be the end of me. If you believe in your self, you can be successful. Remember to not a let a disorder stop you from succeeding.

A useful number to call is Samaritans:116 123. Also regular exercise can help as well so make sure your mind is well rested.

Good luck and I do hope you will achieve what you want.

- Stephen Fry
    Well.....I wanted to be a police officer here in the USA but my schizophrenia diagnosis kind of stops me achieving that. but thank you for your answer, I'm glad you never thought cyclothymia was the end of you.

ReputationRep:
    Are you watching the Winter Olympics? If you are, what did you think of the opening ceremony?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.