Turn on thread page Beta

Stephen Fry on TSR! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Is he definitely gonna be answering them? I am still disappointed about Corbyn.
    was just gonna say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gluefiend)
    Are you watching the Winter Olympics? If you are, what did you think of the opening ceremony?
    my mum watches the ice skating :rofl: and I mean she's well into it...lights dimmed..bowls of snacks, and screaming at scores.

ReputationRep:
    how do we know he is the real one and not some troll?

ReputationRep:
    this is the coolest thing to ever happen on the student room. thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this.
    I hope you don't mind me asking
    But will you ever come back on QI.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    OH MY GOODNESS:dance::woo: SO EXCITED!!!:ahee:

Stephen Fry, you've talked before about how you thought the internet could be a massively positive solution for a lot of global problems through the means of communication, despite the obvious problems with the internet, do you still believe this to be the case?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think is the most realistic way the world should go about tackling climate change, in particular developing countries that may not want to sacrifice their economic growth?

ReputationRep:
    Should I wait to go to University so I can work on bettering my mental health or should I seize the day and go to University while still depressed? I would really like to go to Uni but I don't know how I'll manage.

ReputationRep:
    Why was The Great Indoors cancelled?

Why did you choose Cambridge over the clearly superior Oxford?

How's married life?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    Broadcasting legend Stephen Fry will be answering your questions as part of TSR teaming up with Sport Relief.

This year TSR has joined forces with Sport Relief to help tackle mental health with the campaigns "Whatever moves you" and "#WalkingForWellness". As someone who continues to fight the stigma around mental health Stephen Fry is keen to speak to you guys and share some of his pearls of wisdom.

Whether it's what is his favourite QI fact or what does he think can be done to support young people struggling with their mental health, submit your questions.

Could you please do more Scottish accents?
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Should just say... earlier this thread was hijacked by a wannabe troll... the CT will post in here confirming when this Q&A will take place ASAP. Until then, any Stephen Fry accounts replying should be taken with a pinch of salt!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Why did you choose Cambridge over the clearly superior Oxford?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Knew it was fishy :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Hello Steven Fry!

What do you do to unwind if you're having a stressful day, do you have any tips ?

With love from Wales !
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Do you agree with the enforcement of a swear filter on TSR?

Any ****ing swear word gets starred out :moon:

ReputationRep:
    This is so cool and I really hope you can pull it off 😁 Great fan of Steven Fry, and the way he epitomises typical britishness (imo).

So, my question is: What is your favourite book, or, if that is too close to call, which have you read the most times?

I think it'll be wonderful to see the answers to these questions. Sorry for not asking something more meaningful! 😅
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    There's a person in the office with the surname Darling... Would he get all General Melchett that person's general direction? (even if just to call them a "pen pushing blotter jotter like Darling here" ).

But an actual question... If somebody is facing mental health issues that effect their day to day motivation and ability to work or study; what is the one piece of advice you think they should try to remember each day?

ReputationRep:
    Why DID you send Capt Darling to the front?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yukikobestgirl)
    Hey Stephen.
    What was it like working on the Fable games?
    This, and as you made a great villain, would you consider taking up supervillainy in other roles on tv/film or videogames?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the political left has a problem with free speech, especially on university campuses? If so, that making the right wing more attractive to liberals?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    Broadcasting legend Stephen Fry will be answering your questions as part of TSR teaming up with Sport Relief.

This year TSR has joined forces with Sport Relief to help tackle mental health with the campaigns "Whatever moves you" and "#WalkingForWellness". As someone who continues to fight the stigma around mental health Stephen Fry is keen to speak to you guys and share some of his pearls of wisdom.

Whether it's what is his favourite QI fact or what does he think can be done to support young people struggling with their mental health, submit your questions and Stephen will be answering your questions via video!

Hi Stephen,

Our questions for you is - Sometimes people find it hard to speak to their families about their mental health, what advice would you give to someone who is in that position? Where can they go to speak to someone if they feel like they can't confide to their families?

Also - For those who are worried about someone they know, how would you recommend they support/broach the subject with them?

From the Sheffield Hallam team

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.