Turn on thread page Beta

Stephen Fry on TSR! watch

Announcements
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Who did you enjoy working with the most on QI?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any regrets?

ReputationRep:
    If you could go back in time to any historical era, which would it be and why?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    Broadcasting legend Stephen Fry will be answering your questions as part of TSR teaming up with Sport Relief.

This year TSR has joined forces with Sport Relief to help tackle mental health with the campaigns "Whatever moves you" and "#WalkingForWellness". As someone who continues to fight the stigma around mental health Stephen Fry is keen to speak to you guys and share some of his pearls of wisdom.

Whether it's what is his favourite QI fact or what does he think can be done to support young people struggling with their mental health, submit your questions and Stephen will be answering your questions via video!

Hi Stephen,

We are super excited to be asking you a question!

How can societal barriers, negative perceptions and stigma of mental health be actively challenged?
    Also, what can we all do to support each other?
    If you could pick 3 people to attend a dinner party who would you choose?

And just for fun..... What's your favourite flavour of Doritos?

From all the Hope team

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Fry- I will be studying theology at Durham University and I've read pieces on your atheism- So do you believe that theology is a useful pursuit and subject to study? (I also love your book Mythos!) Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Should just say... earlier this thread was hijacked by a wannabe troll... the CT will post in here confirming when this Q&A will take place ASAP. Until then, any Stephen Fry accounts replying should be taken with a pinch of salt!
    I knew this had happened. Had assumed the account would have some sort of verification attached like the university representatives do.

So my post still stands.

ReputationRep:
    do you like bands like cattle decapitation and infant annihilator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    Comedian, actor, writer, presenter, and activist Stephen Fry will be answering your questions as part of TSR teaming up with Sport Relief.

This year TSR has joined forces with Sport Relief to help tackle mental health with the campaigns "Whatever moves you" and "#WalkingForWellness". As someone who continues to fight the stigma around mental health Stephen Fry is keen to speak to you guys and share some of his pearls of wisdom.

Whether it's what is his favourite QI fact or what does he think can be done to support young people struggling with their mental health, submit your questions and Stephen will be answering your questions via video!

Is water wet?

ReputationRep:
    When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?

ReputationRep:
    Best advice/help/tip when it comes to mental health? I might be bipolar (or bipolar lite haha) but I hope I'm not, I know my therapist has been thinking about it! <3 Either way I know things will work out!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Fry, which is better, Oxford or Cambridge? (You know the right answer).

ReputationRep:
    What do you think is the main contribution to the rise in violent crimes (such as knife crimes) and how do you think we can alleviate this problem? Thank you, Mr. Fry.

ReputationRep:
    To clarify, what exactly is your opinion on thehumble Blue Whale?

ReputationRep:
    What was the worst thing about being in prison?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How would you describe religion in one word?

ReputationRep:
    What in your opinion is the funniest skit from Blackadder?

ReputationRep:
    Would you ever consider another series/episode of A Bit of Fry and Laurie? (Best show ever!)Have you found a way to talk to people about mental health when they don’t believe it’s a big deal? Do you think that there’s anything schools/colleges/universities can be doing to help the rising number of young people with mental health difficulties?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is 'Stephen Fry' on a break or something?

ReputationRep:
    No question, just thanks for saying so clearly and precisely what needed to be said:

ReputationRep:
    Why is liberalism so unappealing now, and why have liberals failed to contain the resurgence of right-wing populism?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.