Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have been offered a place for Mphys Physics and Particle Physics at Royal Holloway. I am thinking to change my course and switch it to pure astrophysics Mphys. Would it be ryt to do so? Even though I am more interested in astrophysics, royal Holloway has some interesting connections with CERN for particle science. Please help me give any insider knowledge so that I could make a good decision.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by YourProfessor)
    Hello, I have been offered a place for Mphys Physics and Particle Physics at Royal Holloway. I am thinking to change my course and switch it to pure astrophysics Mphys. Would it be ryt to do so? Even though I am more interested in astrophysics, royal Holloway has some interesting connections with CERN for particle science. Please help me give any insider knowledge so that I could make a good decision.
    Hi YourProfessor,

Congratulations on your offer!

All first year Physics students take the same courses regardless of the degree programme you are on. This allows you to get a foundation for the rest of your studies and gives you the opportunity to get to know the department better. At the end of your first year, if you still wish to change to MSci Astrophysics, you can speak with the department to discuss this change.

Our Department of Physics has an open door policy, which means that you’ll have a friendly and supportive environment throughout your studies. You’ll also have a Personal Tutor who you can speak to about your degree programme and any questions you might have about it.

Have you had a chance to visit the campus and department yet?

Susana

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the very excellent answer. I am an international student from India so have no plans right now as the exams are also approaching fast. I am eagerly waiting to see the red castle building soon. 💙
    (Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
    Hi YourProfessor,

All first year Physics students take the same courses regardless of the degree programme you are on. This allows you to get a foundation for the rest of your studies and gives you the opportunity to get to know the department better. At the end of your first year, if you still wish to change to MSci Astrophysics, you can speak with the department to discuss this change.

Our Department of Physics has an open door policy, which means that you’ll have a friendly and supportive environment throughout your studies. You’ll also have a Personal Tutor who you can speak to about your degree programme and any questions you might have about it.

Susana
    (Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
    Hi YourProfessor,

Susana
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by YourProfessor)
    Thanks for the very excellent answer. I am an international student from India so have no plans right now as the exams are also approaching fast. I am eagerly waiting to see the red castle building soon. 💙
    Hi YourProfessor,

I'm glad I could help, I wish you the best of luck with your exams! If you have any other questions, I'm more than happy to answer them. :grin:

You can also chat to some of our current students on our website here. Tanvi is also from India so she can chat to you about what's it's like to move to Royal Holloway.

Susana

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2018

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.