This discussion is closed.
username3279922
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone else think that the parents killed her (accidentally) or that there’s something bigger involved? The story doesn’t add up and I was wondering what other people’s opinions are
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Abducted by aliens.
LaurenAlysArtist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To my knowledge and boredom of watching millions of documentaries/theories, here’s what I (personally) think happened...

Both parents are General Practitioners, meaning they could get hold of some sleeping tablets. On the night they went out, they accidentally overdosed Madeline and one of the side effects was internal bleeding and she basically drowned in her own blood.

When the investigation was underway, the police hired two sniffer dogs who in their career have NEVER gotten a single case wrong. They could smell death in the apartment as well as the car that they rented for the holiday.

I do believe this is an accident, but, the McCanns need to own up.

THIS IS ALL MY OPINION WITH 1 FACT.
AlexW2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't really know what to think. I have watched a video recently which covers theories with facts and its a pretty interesting video. I'm not saying that this is what I think happened to her, like I said I don't really know but if you have a spare 40 mins you should watch it. It does dive pretty deep in some and bring in other theories into it such as pizza gate, so take it with a grain of salt. But some are other points and evidence that are worth listening to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0AuBVd7NjM
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I, as the person above me, suspect the parents are involved in some way.
Paracosm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I also believe that the parents were involved somehow, but am not prepared to speculate to what degree they were involved.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by es017)
Does anyone else think that the parents killed her (accidentally) or that there’s something bigger involved? The story doesn’t add up and I was wondering what other people’s opinions are
Why doesn't the story add up. Parents leave child sleeping in their hotel room, head to the bar / restaurant where they are seen. Arrive back and find their daughter gone.

It is every parent's worse nightmare regardless of whether you think they were a bit selfish that they didn't stay close by their kid.
ayyyy.x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Something tells me they could be involved, like what I dont understand is how tf could you leave ur kids by themselves, even if they were checking up on them regularly, something doesnt add up and to me all fingers should be pointing at the Mccans
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think she either OD'd and died, or died in some accident hitting her head on something. The parents put her in a tennis bag and stuck her in a car, drove her off somewhere.

(Original post by ByEeek)
Why doesn't the story add up. Parents leave child sleeping in their hotel room, head to the bar / restaurant where they are seen. Arrive back and find their daughter gone.

It is every parent's worse nightmare regardless of whether you think they were a bit selfish that they didn't stay close by their kid.
I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with their parenting. They just royally messed up.

The reason why a lot of people are so suspicious of them is because some of the things they say is absolutely nuts, and some of the investigation turned up damning stuff. The McCanns stopped co-operating a long time ago.

There's stuff like a forensic cadaver dog picking the McCann's hire car out of a bunch of cars. The behaviour of the McCann's was bizarre - they claimed that when Kate first returned to the room (and found Madeline gone) she felt that someone else might be in the apartment....

....so she walked back to where everyone else was having dinner, leaving her other two children still asleep in the apartment. Sure. Makes sense.

There are whole books written on how shady the McCanns were about the whole thing. Like I said, I don't think they actually murdered her - they just messed up really badly, and made the whole thing into a drama with their bad decision making.
username3279922
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlexW2000)
I don't really know what to think. I have watched a video recently which covers theories with facts and its a pretty interesting video. I'm not saying that this is what I think happened to her, like I said I don't really know but if you have a spare 40 mins you should watch it. It does dive pretty deep in some and bring in other theories into it such as pizza gate, so take it with a grain of salt. But some are other points and evidence that are worth listening to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0AuBVd7NjM
Haha that video inspired me to make this post - it’s really interesting
username3279922
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
Something tells me they could be involved, like what I dont understand is how tf could you leave ur kids by themselves, even if they were checking up on them regularly, something doesnt add up and to me all fingers should be pointing at the Mccans
Even if they didn’t kill her I think they should still be in prison for neglecting their kids
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think parents were involved, she's dead, and that in my honest opinion, money should stop being wasted on trying to find her.

(Sorry if unpopular)
username3279922
Rep:
?
(Original post by mobbsy91)
I think parents were involved, she's dead, and that in my honest opinion, money should stop being wasted on trying to find her.

(Sorry if unpopular)
I think the 12 million which was spent was a bit excessive and it’s gotten nowhere. I think the parents aren’t telling the truth and if they start telling the truth progress can be made.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by es017)
I think the 12 million which was spent was a bit excessive and it’s gotten nowhere. I think the parents aren’t telling the truth and if they start telling the truth progress can be made.
Exactly. Though to be quite honest, at this point, unless them being truthful leads to action against them, any more expenditure is pointless and so even if they have more stuff to say, I personally would not be against authorities turning around to them and telling them to get stuffed...

That's £12m which could be spent on many things much better. Let's say a counselling sessions costs £50 per hour, and someone needs 10 sessions, that's 24,000 people that could be helped properly with some effect... or on community policing which has more of an effect. Just an excessive amount to spend on this case!
RuthieG101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know what to think, but if this happened in the UK they would have got done for neglect. they are doctors, they are not exempt from prosecution, but seemed to have got away with it.

if it was a kidnapping, why take the eldest? the twins would have been a better choice to kidnap as they would've forgotten their parents at their young age.

I just think that because they are doctors, they've been allowed to get away with a lot, that if they weren't so high ranking they would've social services on their backs for leaving 3 kids alone.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Even if the parents weren't intentionally involved they are still to blame (as well as any hypothetical kidnapper) for leaving such young kids on their own. Seemed that their own social circles and hobnobbing were more important than their own children.
username3279922
Rep:
?
(Original post by RuthieG101)
I don't know what to think, but if this happened in the UK they would have got done for neglect. they are doctors, they are not exempt from prosecution, but seemed to have got away with it.

if it was a kidnapping, why take the eldest? the twins would have been a better choice to kidnap as they would've forgotten their parents at their young age.

I just think that because they are doctors, they've been allowed to get away with a lot, that if they weren't so high ranking they would've social services on their backs for leaving 3 kids alone.
If they were a working class family they would have been bashed for leaving their kids alone and certainly £12 million wouldn’t have been spent on them
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Could be, but what reason would they have? Reason I don’t think that happened is they were at lunch with their friends in a calm state before from the accounts given.
username2965904
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do not think any more money should be spent out of the police budget. There are other missing person's cases which are more recent and where there is more chance of the person being found.

I thought it strange that the police asked for money to continue in the week that many police budgets are being set, and the same one where the London Mayor's budget means merging/cuts to local policing in London.
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Regardless of what happened, why have they never been charged with neglect?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (291)
65.54%
No (153)
34.46%

Watched Threads