Turn on thread page Beta

Madeleine Mccann watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think that the parents killed her (accidentally) or that there’s something bigger involved? The story doesn’t add up and I was wondering what other people’s opinions are
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Abducted by aliens.

ReputationRep:
    To my knowledge and boredom of watching millions of documentaries/theories, here’s what I (personally) think happened...

Both parents are General Practitioners, meaning they could get hold of some sleeping tablets. On the night they went out, they accidentally overdosed Madeline and one of the side effects was internal bleeding and she basically drowned in her own blood.

When the investigation was underway, the police hired two sniffer dogs who in their career have NEVER gotten a single case wrong. They could smell death in the apartment as well as the car that they rented for the holiday.

I do believe this is an accident, but, the McCanns need to own up.

THIS IS ALL MY OPINION WITH 1 FACT.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know what to think. I have watched a video recently which covers theories with facts and its a pretty interesting video. I'm not saying that this is what I think happened to her, like I said I don't really know but if you have a spare 40 mins you should watch it. It does dive pretty deep in some and bring in other theories into it such as pizza gate, so take it with a grain of salt. But some are other points and evidence that are worth listening to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0AuBVd7NjM
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I, as the person above me, suspect the parents are involved in some way.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I also believe that the parents were involved somehow, but am not prepared to speculate to what degree they were involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by es017)
    Does anyone else think that the parents killed her (accidentally) or that there’s something bigger involved? The story doesn’t add up and I was wondering what other people’s opinions are
    Why doesn't the story add up. Parents leave child sleeping in their hotel room, head to the bar / restaurant where they are seen. Arrive back and find their daughter gone.

It is every parent's worse nightmare regardless of whether you think they were a bit selfish that they didn't stay close by their kid.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Something tells me they could be involved, like what I dont understand is how tf could you leave ur kids by themselves, even if they were checking up on them regularly, something doesnt add up and to me all fingers should be pointing at the Mccans

ReputationRep:
    I think she either OD'd and died, or died in some accident hitting her head on something. The parents put her in a tennis bag and stuck her in a car, drove her off somewhere.

(Original post by ByEeek)
    Why doesn't the story add up. Parents leave child sleeping in their hotel room, head to the bar / restaurant where they are seen. Arrive back and find their daughter gone.

It is every parent's worse nightmare regardless of whether you think they were a bit selfish that they didn't stay close by their kid.
    I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with their parenting. They just royally messed up.

The reason why a lot of people are so suspicious of them is because some of the things they say is absolutely nuts, and some of the investigation turned up damning stuff. The McCanns stopped co-operating a long time ago.

There's stuff like a forensic cadaver dog picking the McCann's hire car out of a bunch of cars. The behaviour of the McCann's was bizarre - they claimed that when Kate first returned to the room (and found Madeline gone) she felt that someone else might be in the apartment....

....so she walked back to where everyone else was having dinner, leaving her other two children still asleep in the apartment. Sure. Makes sense.

There are whole books written on how shady the McCanns were about the whole thing. Like I said, I don't think they actually murdered her - they just messed up really badly, and made the whole thing into a drama with their bad decision making.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexW2000)
    I don't really know what to think. I have watched a video recently which covers theories with facts and its a pretty interesting video. I'm not saying that this is what I think happened to her, like I said I don't really know but if you have a spare 40 mins you should watch it. It does dive pretty deep in some and bring in other theories into it such as pizza gate, so take it with a grain of salt. But some are other points and evidence that are worth listening to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0AuBVd7NjM
    Haha that video inspired me to make this post - it’s really interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Something tells me they could be involved, like what I dont understand is how tf could you leave ur kids by themselves, even if they were checking up on them regularly, something doesnt add up and to me all fingers should be pointing at the Mccans
    Even if they didn’t kill her I think they should still be in prison for neglecting their kids
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I think parents were involved, she's dead, and that in my honest opinion, money should stop being wasted on trying to find her.

(Sorry if unpopular)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I think parents were involved, she's dead, and that in my honest opinion, money should stop being wasted on trying to find her.

(Sorry if unpopular)
    I think the 12 million which was spent was a bit excessive and it’s gotten nowhere. I think the parents aren’t telling the truth and if they start telling the truth progress can be made.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by es017)
    I think the 12 million which was spent was a bit excessive and it’s gotten nowhere. I think the parents aren’t telling the truth and if they start telling the truth progress can be made.
    Exactly. Though to be quite honest, at this point, unless them being truthful leads to action against them, any more expenditure is pointless and so even if they have more stuff to say, I personally would not be against authorities turning around to them and telling them to get stuffed...

That's £12m which could be spent on many things much better. Let's say a counselling sessions costs £50 per hour, and someone needs 10 sessions, that's 24,000 people that could be helped properly with some effect... or on community policing which has more of an effect. Just an excessive amount to spend on this case!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to think, but if this happened in the UK they would have got done for neglect. they are doctors, they are not exempt from prosecution, but seemed to have got away with it.

if it was a kidnapping, why take the eldest? the twins would have been a better choice to kidnap as they would've forgotten their parents at their young age.

I just think that because they are doctors, they've been allowed to get away with a lot, that if they weren't so high ranking they would've social services on their backs for leaving 3 kids alone.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Even if the parents weren't intentionally involved they are still to blame (as well as any hypothetical kidnapper) for leaving such young kids on their own. Seemed that their own social circles and hobnobbing were more important than their own children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuthieG101)
    I don't know what to think, but if this happened in the UK they would have got done for neglect. they are doctors, they are not exempt from prosecution, but seemed to have got away with it.

if it was a kidnapping, why take the eldest? the twins would have been a better choice to kidnap as they would've forgotten their parents at their young age.

I just think that because they are doctors, they've been allowed to get away with a lot, that if they weren't so high ranking they would've social services on their backs for leaving 3 kids alone.
    If they were a working class family they would have been bashed for leaving their kids alone and certainly £12 million wouldn’t have been spent on them

ReputationRep:
    Could be, but what reason would they have? Reason I don’t think that happened is they were at lunch with their friends in a calm state before from the accounts given.

ReputationRep:
    I do not think any more money should be spent out of the police budget. There are other missing person's cases which are more recent and where there is more chance of the person being found.

I thought it strange that the police asked for money to continue in the week that many police budgets are being set, and the same one where the London Mayor's budget means merging/cuts to local policing in London.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Regardless of what happened, why have they never been charged with neglect?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.