The Student Room Group

Asking Someone Out the Day Before Valentine's Day

Does it look 'desperate'? My friend seems to think so. For the record, I am not really fussed about having a date for the occasion but I thought a girl might generally care more about it?
I think we have some connection although we have only spent time with one another a couple of times, so it is not out of the blue as such to ask her out.

Thoughts?
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Does it look 'desperate'? My friend seems to think so. For the record, I am not really fussed about having a date for the occasion but I thought a girl might generally care more about it?
I think we have some connection although we have only spent time with one another a couple of times, so it is not out of the blue as such to ask her out.

Thoughts?

I’m in no way inexperienced when it comes to “dating”. But I can see why you’re friends may think it comes across as desperate because it’s the day before when everyone else will be going out and may be trying to prevent loneliness on a “special night”. Only my view, take it with a pinch of salt as I am inexperienced.
No its not desperate, just ask her out and chill with her for the day!
nah I was gonna say it looks desperate before I even clicked the thread and saw you said it.

It looks like it's not genuine like needing someone last resort for prom or a wedding companion. However..they might be totally appreciative. Do what you want.
Reply 5
Nope it’s too much pressure and too serious if you just started hanging out. The day before makes it look like an afterthought too, like you just wanted a date for V day than you wanted to see her.
Reply 6
Original post by Bang Outta Order
nah I was gonna say it looks desperate before I even clicked the thread and saw you said it.

It looks like it's not genuine like needing someone last resort for prom or a wedding companion. However..they might be totally appreciative. Do what you want.

Original post by cat_mac
Nope it’s too much pressure and too serious if you just started hanging out. The day before makes it look like an afterthought too, like you just wanted a date for V day than you wanted to see her.

Fair enough I suppose, cheers. My relationships usually go wrong for not being active enough to build on initial sparks and they just dissipate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending