adamantacademic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The question of the century, 21st Century philosophers have used various forms of understanding, including observational, rational and computational thinking, yet failing to reach a consensus.

Previously, an avid pro-wetter, my dialogues with those of the other side had enlightened me, the scientific argument of solubility was the final trigger of my transformation to the conclusion, that water is dry. Since accepting this mentality, I have spent some time researching other evidences, and now engage in critical discourse defending the fact that water is dry.

So what's your stance, is H20 wet or dry?
Yipyipee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was literally about to tell you how it isnt wet since it is water, but now im just confused, i cant deal with this
Yipyipee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
maybe it is because, if something is wet it is covered in water, and water is covered in other water molecules, so it must be wet????
but then it kinda isnt because it is itself and using wet as a property doesnt add any meaning to the statement, if you say 'water is wet', so i would then argue that it isnt and its a pointless question (A-Level RS knowledge is kicking in )
Workgrind247
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are all liquids dry and used to make solids wet?
damn daniel yeah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by adamantacademic)
The question of the century, 21st Century philosophers have used various forms of understanding, including observational, rational and computational thinking, yet failing to reach a consensus.

Previously, an avid pro-wetter, my dialogues with those of the other side had enlightened me, the scientific argument of solubility was the final trigger of my transformation to the conclusion, that water is dry. Since accepting this mentality, I have spent some time researching other evidences, and now engage in critical discourse defending the fact that water is dry.

water is slightly wet you can also make it wetter https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...xoCN5YQAvD_BwE
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought this was finished with a while ago. It's passed, let it go.
BTAnonymous
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Water is a bunch of water molecules sloshing around each other. Something is wet when it has absorbed water or is covered in water. Water molecules surround other water molecules so using my definition of wet, which seems reasonable, then water is wet; but a water molecule is not wet.
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Workgrind247)
Are all liquids dry and used to make solids wet?
The assertion that all liquids are present to wetten solids is inadequate and can be disproved.
Workgrind247
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The assertion that all liquids are present to wetten solids is inadequate and can be disproved.
disprove it then
HateOCR
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Its like asking if the glass is half full or half empty.
Water is wet and water is dry.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is
It is not
It both is and is not
It neither is nor is not.
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
(Original post by HateOCR)
Its like asking if the glass is half full or half empty.
Water is wet and water is dry.
Nope because etymologically, the hypothetical glass can be defined as either without conflict, wet and dry however cannot harmoniously be attributed to a single entity. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'.
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Workgrind247)
disprove it then
There are insoluble solids that cannot be subject to wetting. Moreover the primary purpose of water biologically is Cell life. Water is essential for cells to function properly: it enters into the composition of the cells. Of course there are various other functions for other scientific disciplines but wetting has never proven to be one as far as I'm aware.
Lord Nutter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you daft?

Spoiler:
Show

jks

but regardless of what you come up with water is wet so stop over complicating the matter and getting all philosophical about it.

save it for stuff like - is god real, is the universe infinite, am I actually gonna get a life?

Skyewoods
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Can you explain
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
It is
It is not
It both is and is not
It neither is nor is not.
A rather rushed, and overly philosophised hypothesis, which can be deemed balderdash given the numerous contradictions, which violate fundamental metaphysics of states and duality.
username3434964
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  wet.PNG
Views: 532
Size:  14.9 KB
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Nutter)
Are you daft?

Spoiler:
Show

water is wet so stop over complicating the matter and getting all philosophical about it.

save it for stuff like - is god real, is the universe infinite, am I actually gonna get a life?
I'm seeing a common factor within pro-wet thinkers, where their stance isn't evidenced rather the result of cultural, and dogmas etched mentally during early development.
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bill Nye)
Name:  wet.PNG
Views: 532
Size:  14.9 KB
Precisely water isn't wet. Since water is not saturated, water is the saturating element.
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skyewoods)
Can you explain
My stance, the opposition, controversies - what would you like me to explain?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (42)
8.02%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (41)
7.82%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (125)
23.85%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (73)
13.93%
No, nothing has changed (160)
30.53%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (83)
15.84%

Watched Threads